Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay so the rule is pretty simple. he fails his armour save and his str and attacks are bumped up to 5. but because he has feel no pain can he suffer the unsaved wound, ignore it with feel no pain and still get the stat increase? so he still has all his wounds and the benefits?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Was wondering the same thing. I would play that yes he can as fnp is not a save per se its a ignore a wound.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Okay so the rule is pretty simple. he fails his armour save and his str and attacks are bumped up to 5. but because he has feel no pain can he suffer the unsaved wound, ignore it with feel no pain and still get the stat increase? so he still has all his wounds and the benefits?
Well, if it just says he gets the bonus for failing his armour save then RAW he gets even if he makes his FNP.
If it doesn't then I don't know. He probably does but it seems a little iffy to pull. As fluffwise it makes little sense that he gets pissed when nothing happened to him really. But who am I arguing fluff in the rules section. Just feel like it seems a bit against the spirit of the rules.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Or you can say that the bit from page 39 of the main rules applies, in Determine Assault Results:
To decide who has won the combat, total up the number of unsaved wounds inflicted by each side on their opponents

And:

Note that wounds that have been negated by saving throws or other special rules that have similar effects do not count,

Basically, unsaved wounds negated by some other 'special rule' (ie FNP) are not 'unsaved wounds'.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
It's Acid Blood + Feels no Pain again.

In short yes you can, probably. The rules don't really cover this whole thing. You have 2 triggered effects that have the same trigger, Fury Unbound and Feels no Pain.

If you choose to apply you triggers as Feels No Pain, then you cannot Fury Unbound if you succeeded as you have no longer suffered an unsaved wound. However you can trigger Fury Unbound and then trigger Feels No Pain to then negate the wound. The only restriction on Fury Unbound is that you don't die, not that you stay wounded.

Aramoro

·
Registered
468 Posts
Lemartes' Fury unbound requires that he "suffer an unsaved wound, but is not slain". So yes, it's identical to Acid Blood and Feels No Pain.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What I'm basing it off is that in the description for FNP(pg 75) "If a model with this ability suffers and unsaved wound, roll a dice.....On a 4,5 ,or 6, the injury is ignored..."

Lemartes suffers the unsaved wound to initiate FNP as well as fury unbound. FNP isn't referred to as a save merely an ignored wound.

that's how I'm looking at it though if I'm wrong please let me know :)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Example-
-your Death Company get pewpewed.
-you allocate to a wound to Lemartes.
-Lemartes blows his save.

At this point, Lemartes has now suffered an unsaved wound.
Two rules have the chance to take effect - Feels No Pain, and Fury Unbound.

If you resolve them in this order-
-Feels No Pain
-Fury Unbound

Feels No Pain might ignore the wound. If it does, Fury unbound doesn't do anything as Lemartes has no longer suffered an unsaved wound.

If you choose-
-Fury Unbound
-Feels No Pain

Lemartes flips his shit (technical term), then might ignore the wound. Since Fury Unbound has already done it's thing, it won't matter if the unsaved wound is then ignored by Feels No Pain.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Order doesn't really matter I would think though because even if FNP ignores the wound it is still an unsaved wound that is ignored. FNP isn't a save so even if it's done first( I tend to think they're done at the same time but that's me personally) it's still not gonna count as a saved wound

·
Registered
468 Posts
Order doesn't really matter I would think though because even if FNP ignores the wound it is still an unsaved wound that is ignored. FNP isn't a save so even if it's done first( I tend to think they're done at the same time but that's me personally) it's still not gonna count as a saved wound
You ignore the wound if FNP works- you can't ignore it and then claim to have suffered it, because that isn't ignoring it.

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts
This is the way I look at it. Lemartes has two wounds, he can suffer an unsaved wound that will bring him down to a single wound. This is the catalyst that releases Fury Unbound. If he suffers a wound, fails his armor save then makes his FNP he has not, in my mind, suffered an unsaved wound. To me, he must be down to his last wound to receive the bennies of Fury Unbound.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Exactly!
And just to apply logic, if you have ignored a wound it's pretty hard to argue that you have suffered it.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But to be allowed the chance to ignore the wound you suffer an unsaved wound and that is all you need to cause fury unbound.

look at it this way.
you take a wound that allows armour saves. You fail your save against it = an unsaved wound.
The criteria needed for fury unbound and FNP have been met, which is an unsaved wound
FNP is allowed and then used successfully. I would say it does not disallow fury unbound as to be able to use FNP you must suffer an unsaved wound.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Well, ignoring an unsaved wound is ignoring it nonetheless. Lemartes Fury asks: "Did you suffer and unsafed wound?" FNP replies: "Ignore that."
My interpretation? Lemartes have no reason nor right to go apeshit.
Unless the rules wording states that he simply have to fail his AS this argument seems remarkably similar to the one about wether you could give Nobs big shootas. Timing makes no difference, if FNP tells you to ignore it you really should ignore it. In all circumstances.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
40K has no rule of good faith or knowledge of future actions.

Lemartes suffers an Unsaved wound, you say I will trigger Fury Unbound and go apeshit. I will then trigger Feels no Pain, if I succeed or fail then i've already gone apeshit.

Aramoro

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Perhaps, but I was unaware 40k used the stack (MtG term). So that only works assuming you decide in which order the effects trigger.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
This is where the rules break down. They should essentially happen at the same time, but even if they are simultaneous you will still flip out even if you Feel no Pain.

The only time it couldn't work is if there was a stack, which there isn't, and Feels No Pain resolved first.

Aramoro

·
Registered
436 Posts
I too, cannot find a good RAW answer for this, but by the fluff, the answer is obvious.

Why would Lemartes "Get Bent" if he ignored the wound.

Ever seen the original Shrek movie?

"Shrek you have an arrow in your butt!"
"Well look at that. So I do."

If Lemartes ignores the wound, then why is he getting amped up over it?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Maybe he gets amped because he is in DEATH COMPANY? I mean he is already RAGING, so why wouldnt he not flip out if some scrubs where taking pot shots at him and his boyz.

"WHAT YOU SCRATCHED MY PAINT?!?!?!!!!111"

Or
"ARGH... YOU SHOT ME IN THE ARM, I FEEL NO PAIN BUT I AM PISSED OFF CAUSE YOU SHOT ME MUTHA?!?!?11!!11"

·
Registered
468 Posts
If Lemartes ignores the wound, then why is he getting amped up over it?
Because somebody has broken one of his little skeleton feet on his armour. He flips the fuck out, and only after beating everyone to death with his bare hands does he realise that it wasn't that bad.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts