Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is the right section but...

Since there is a Leman Russ Primarch Model, along with his two wolves, does that mean there were special rules for him at one time? Or is it just a random model that was made?

Thanks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
As far as I know, I don't think there are any special rules for him. Primarchs certainly don't belong in the 40k scale. Much the same with C'tan and other big nasty things.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh

Ok, was there any reason the model was made then?

·
Banned
801 Posts
It's hardly what I'd call a deserving model of Leman Russ, much like all the other Primarchs that have been made into actual models since. That's why they stopped making them, because they were crap.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
what model, where?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats not his model, I'll try to send a pic once he comes in from Mail Order along with his wolves. But anyway... just curious...

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
I don;t remember seeing him advertised on the GW site, anyone got a link?

·
Banned
677 Posts
The Leman Russ model was rogue trader-era and terribly bad. He looks like he is doing the hokey pokey and faintly marine-like. That is because he was created as Sergeant Russ, a basic character. As the fluff compendium were released and the game progressed, he grew into the primarch of the SW. He then became this super-human myth after he was just supposed to be the progenitor leader.
So, the model is terrible and looks like a very very shitty Ragnar Blackmane. It was never meant to be the russ we know and love.
There HAD to be some type of rules for him, but nothing like what you'd want or think.

-Khaine-

NOTE: You might be able to Google him or see him in bits order catalogues or GWs archaic model online store section.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The picture I posted above was from a quick but thorough image search. No doubt you could find it somewhere on the GW site if you look hard enough.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea

Actually, as far as I know, the "look" of a Primarch is greatly mistake for a mythical warrior, or someone who should be "above all others." A Primarch doesn't have to stand out. He may be a greater version of a Space Marine, but he's still a Space Marine when the days through.

Also, Horus is the first Primarch to recieve Terminator Armor, it was a rare thing back then.

So that could be what Leman Russ really looked like, the only thing that made the Primarchs different from their followers was there incredible strength and wisdom... and in Russ's case, drunken'ness lol.

The only "warrior" whoever stood out was the Emperor himself, cause well, HE'S THE EMPEROR FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

·
Banned
801 Posts
And the fact that they were all unanimously eight-nine feet tall without their armour on. You ever see a commander model? It stands out, right? That's because in their centuries, these people have the experience and wisdom enough that they've earned it. A Chapter Master is positively driping in personal heraldry and the like, because they've earned it through sheer merit. These guys were, without stretching it, capable of taking on entire squadrons of Marines and organising massive wars spanning light years at the same time without breaking a sweat. As children, most of them killed monsters that would eat a normal Space Marine in seconds without weapons or armour. The Primarchs are physically extremely distinctive, have the bets weapons and armour because they can use them most effectively, and as such, even if they didn't want to, they'd stand out for miles.

·