Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Emperor Protects
5,259 Posts
I would take written fluff over a book art any day of the week. The artists very often take imo large liberties when making the covers. I mean just look at Flight of the Eisenstien, Great Unclean One, Imperial Fists fighting with who appears to be Decius. So yeah, its written as red specifically in Thousand Sons, i'm gonna stick with red.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,259 Posts
I don't agree with that at all. I don't play tabletop and a vast majority of black library readers and 40k fans don't either. I couldn't give a flying fuck about the table top. Fluff is not meant for the reasons you said, maybe way back when 40k started, now? Not a chance. Gaunts Ghosts, Eisenhorn/Ravenor, The Heresy series, the Night Lords, etc etc don't exist for the table, they have no relation to the table top.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,259 Posts
Again like i said, at the start of 40k way back when, it may have been just 'fluff', but it is clearly an entirely different and seperate part now but has retained the nickname.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.