Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This model was the product of two days of searching through old lego boxes due to my determination to use a manta in an apocalypse game without paying for a FW one. I posted this in the strangest proxied model thread but after looking at it again I saw that I'd posted an old + not to scale one I made before this one. This ones a bit more colour coordinated than the original and obviously more to scale. Hope you enjoy :)

The only thing I'm not really happy with is the wings as I can't find any curvy bits to resemble the curve of the real manta.

Unfortunately I dropped this while moving it, so it's now lying in big chunks ready to be refitted when I'm bored enough.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Ummm.... I'm not sure what to say. But nice creativity, and way to avoid paying retail!

·
Registered
765 Posts
yeah....how much retail? Is it over a grand? Can't remember, waaaaaaaay to much money to splash anyway.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I've seen tin-can dreadnaughts, Id play against it.

·
Banned
5,108 Posts
Id shoot it with a Vampire Hunter or 3. :victory:

lol that is pretty cool man,and if it gets destroyed just drop it on the table what ever parts hit a unit, that unit dies >=D

·
Registered
80 Posts
How long did that take you to build?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The first one I did took me about 3 days( quite a few hours every day) to make as I kept changing the bits to use and had to find them in the first place. When I went back to remodel it, I knew what to use so it only took a day to rustle through four boxes of lego and lay them out and then about 6 hours the next day to fit together.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Very nicely done.. maybe you can use the large long wings on the sides to make it curve a bit. the 30 degree ones, compared to 45 degre ones at the middle... that should give it a bit of a curvy shape.

+rep for awesomeness.

·
Registered
306 Posts
holy crap +rep

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
:laugh: made me laugh i wouldn't mind you using it until you get the real thing

·
Registered
378 Posts
Wow just wow. Any idea how many bricks that is in total? Dont go counting them just for me tho. +rep anyway.

·
Registered
215 Posts
as a famous panda once said

"there is no price for awesomeness"

(come on you MUST have seen kung-fu panda....)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts