Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 17.6%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Making Vidya Games
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so after designing my story and culture for my primarch of the second legion, I need help deciding on a theme for the eleventh primarch. Here is a poll to help me decide. Thanks for voting.

·
Making Vidya Games
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just letting everyone know, the winner of the poll here is going to be the theme of the legion and primarch in my next story.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Spain. The TK knights theme was already nabbed by the BT.

·
Bruva I am hit!
582 Posts
I'd say Kievan Rus, but their armies were basically composed of a Prince's personal retinue/bodyguard, levies, and mercenaries. I don't know how one would incorporate that into a Space Marine army.

For reference: http://www.fanaticus.org/DBA/armies/III48/index.html under Composition.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
There are several "Russian" Kyrnazdoms at the time - of which Kyivan Rus was the least - and there's a reason that the Ukraine's capital is Kyiv, and uses the same symbol, as does Dynamo Kyiv ;) Why choose the weakest one though? Surely Novgorod or Vladimir-Suzdal would be better, considering both are still around to some extent today, rather than as a throwback granted to a sub-soviet block country which got smacked around like a 5 dollar crack whore by everything that came out of the east?

Currently, we have -
Dark Angels - Teutonic Knights
xxx
Emperors Children - Byzantium
Iron Warriors - Spartan Greece
White Scars - Mongol
Space Wolves - Vikings
Imperial Fists - Athenean/Macedonian Greece
Night Lords - Terror Tactics
Blood Angels - Vampire
Iron Hands - Machine
xxx
World Eaters - Berserker
Ultramarines - Roman
Death Guard - Plague
Thousand Sons - Magic
Luna Wolves - The Fallen Angels of Heaven, as in the War in Heaven.
Word Bearers - Religion
Salamanders - Dragons
Raven Guard - Birds
Alpha Legion - Spies

This is my own opinion, but fits most of the historical "typecast/stereotypes" you can expect from GW.

If you go for the Rus (good idea, personally), it might be worth looking at Dvor Guard - they were the princes bodyguard, so could be the name of the Chosen, or something?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Making Vidya Games
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are several "Russian" Kyrnazdoms at the time - of which Kyivan Rus was the least - and there's a reason that the Ukraine's capital is Kyiv, and uses the same symbol, as does Dynamo Kyiv ;) Why choose the weakest one though? Surely Novgorod or Vladimir-Suzdal would be better, considering both are still around to some extent today, rather than as a throwback granted to a sub-soviet block country which got smacked around like a 5 dollar crack whore by everything that came out of the east?

Currently, we have -
Dark Angels - Teutonic Knights
xxx
Emperors Children - Byzantium
Iron Warriors - Spartan Greece
White Scars - Mongol
Space Wolves - Vikings
Imperial Fists - Athenean/Macedonian Greece
Night Lords - Terror Tactics
Blood Angels - Vampire
Iron Hands - Machine
xxx
World Eaters - Berserker
Ultramarines - Roman
Death Guard - Plague
Thousand Sons - Magic
Luna Wolves - The Fallen Angels of Heaven, as in the War in Heaven.
Word Bearers - Religion
Salamanders - Dragons
Raven Guard - Birds
Alpha Legion - Spies

This is my own opinion, but fits most of the historical "typecast/stereotypes" you can expect from GW.

If you go for the Rus (good idea, personally), it might be worth looking at Dvor Guard - they were the princes bodyguard, so could be the name of the Chosen, or something?
Emperor's Children do not remind me of Byzantium at all in any form or sense what so ever. There actions and attitudes dont even come close.

Imperial Fists use more of a Germanic bunker system. Names like Vladmir are not common or even used among the Athenian culture.

Dark Angles don't seem to ring a bell with the teutonic knights. More like the knights templar. The Teutonic Knights acted and behaved much differently.

Luna Wolves, as far from what I read and herd of descriptions of, do not remind me of angles.

·
Registered
84 Posts
ive put other because id like to see then as the Eyptian Warrior class, as apposed to the Thousands sons Eyptian Mage archtype. This was my train of thourght when i looked in to doing one of the lost legions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.