Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my first warhammer battle report and it's probablly one of the worst you've ever seen. But I tried my best K? No pictures this time.

First of my list

HQ
* Daemon prince
- Mark of nurgle
- wings
- warp time

* Daemon prince
- Mark of nurgle
- wings
- warp time

Troops
* Plaguemarines
- 7 plaguemarines, 1 upgraded to champion with powerfist and plasma pistol
- 2 with plasmagun
- rhino - Havoc Launcher, Extra Armour

* Plaguemarines
- 7 plaguemarines, 1 upgraded to champion with powerfist and plasma pistol
- 2 with plasmagun

* Plaguemarines
- 7 plaguemarines, 1 upgraded to champion with powerfist and combi-flamer
- 2 with meltagun
- rhino - Havoc Launcher, Extra Amour

* Plaguemarines
- 7 plaguemarines, 1 upgraded to champion with powerfist and combi-flamer
- 2 with meltagun

Heavy support
* 2 oblits
* 2 oblits

*Vindicator
-Daemonic Possesion
-Twin-linked Bolter

This was his, I tried to remember all his upgrades.

HQ
Warboss, Powerklaw, Cybork, `Eavy armour
KFF Big Mek, `Eavy armour

TROOPS
9 Nobz, Waaagh! Banner, 2 w Powerklaw, 1 w Bosspole, Painboy, Cybork ON Trukk w Ram
12 Boyz, Nob w Powerklaw, Bosspole ON Trukk w Ram
12 Shoota Boyz, Nob w Powerklaw, Bosspole ON Home objective

FAST
5 Deffkoptaz w TL rokkits

HEAVY
Boomwagon w 1 big shoota and `Ard case

That's 1850 points, I offered to drop my army list down to 1850 as well, but he got cocky and said he'd slaughter me any way.

Well we decided to play a capture and control mission with a basic 12" away from the center of the board. I rolled to deploy first and I did, I placed my objective in a ruin at the center of my half of the board, slightly to the left. Then I placed a second one nearer to the center of the board to use as bait.
There was a random objective lying in the center of the board. I decided to put two rhinos in, and the vindicator. All were on my first objective. He then deployed his troops he put his ten shoota boyz on his home objective, and brought in three squads of boyz in their trukks. As well as a boom wagon which stood behind his wall of trukks.

Turn 1
*What I planned
Well naturally I want everyone of their boyz out of their trukks so they have to foot slog to me. Firstly I want to deal with that Boom wagon because, it looks like it can hurt something. I'll leave one rhino on the home objective and push up with the vindicator, and the rhino behind it. I'll use cover because I don't know what a boom wagon can do.

Movement Phase
I move the vindicator and rhino 12" up each, the rhino is right behind the vindicator. My other rhino stays on the home objective, i'm ignoring the second objective on my side at this point.

Shooting Phase
My vindicator is within range of the trukks with his demolisher cannon? It was a small table so yes it was, I fired it at the trukks. For once it doesn't scatter and blows up two trukks, ha ha thats what you get for packing them so close to each other. One unit loses 8 boyz, wow. The other loses 2.

Assault Phase
Nothing

Opponent's movement phase
He moves his two squads of boyz who are now on foot back behind the trukk, ha their fleeing! He keeps his shootas where they are/
He moves his boom wagon to the side, he's out of range of my demolisher cannon. Darn. He moves his trukk 12" towards me, didn't he just see what happened to his other trukks?

Opponent's shooting Phase
He declares that his boom wagon is shooting at the side armour of my vindicator, oh dear. Only to find out that by moving it out of range of my demolisher cannon he now cannot see my vindicator.:laugh: He curses his luck and shoots nothing else.

Opponent's Assault Phase
Nothing Happens

Turn one Analysis

Not bad, awesome actually. I got two units of his boyz on foot and he couldn't get a shot on me.

Turn 2
What I planned

Time to execute my brilliant faking manouver, i'll move my rhino flat out towards the left objective to make his boom wagon waste a turn on firing at it. If I can get it behind cover, maybe it won't die. Keep the rest occupied with the vindicator.

roll to bring in my remaining rhinos and my two princes, a rhino and a prince get through.

Movement Phase

I move my rhino flat out 24" towards the second objective to my left, this is the squad with the meltas. They make it behind some ruins and the rhino gains a 4+ cover save. The vindicator does not move.

Shooting Phase
I fire my demolisher cannon at the trukk nearest to me, it scatters by 11". -.-
And lands on a squad of his boyz, whiping out the rest of them. Yesh!

Assault Phase
Nothing Happens

He rolls to bring in the rest of his trukks and boom wagons and a big mek. He gets the rest of his trukks, no boom wagons and the big mek comes into play.

Opponents Movement Phase
The orks disembark from their trukk, because they are within 6" of my vindicator. The other squad of 9 boyz and a nob move 6" towards my vindicator as well.

Opponents Shooting Phase
The boom wagon targets the side of my rhino, and opens fire. It hits, and scores a glancing result. I pass my cover save, he he. Nothing else shoots.

Assault Phase
The 11 ork boyz squad and the Nob assault my vindicator, the boyz do squat and the nob scores two penetrating hits on my vindicator. He then rolls two ones, after which he checks if the dice is rigged :D.

Turn two analysis

Again not too bad, I managed to whipe a unit of the table. Plus he's taking the bait with my rhino.

Turn 3
What I planned

Now i'm pushing to occupy/take out his HQs and all his armour and transports, then next turn contest his objective and it's just mopping up.

I roll to bring in everything I've got, and I do. My DP is placed near my vindicator, my other rhinos on the flanks and my oblits deepstrike near the big mek.

Movement Phase

The plague Marines disembark from their rhino, and my DPs fly 12" towards his objective. My rhinos on the right flank push up, they move their 24" flat out.

Shooting Phase
Death to the Big Mek! My obliterators let loose their deadly twin linked lascannons, all hit all wound and the Big Mek is down. My melta plague marines fire at the boom wagon and blow it up. Everything else does nothing.

Assault Phase
Nothing happens here.

He rolls for all he has and gets it.

Opponent's Movement Phase
Everything that comes in he places around his objective, and moves everything back towards his home objective. He is an idiot isn't he?

Opponent's Shooting Phase
He fires his boom wagons at my DP and takes off 3 wounds.

Opponent's Assault Phase
Nothing here

Turn 3 analysis

Ha! He's helping me win, theres two other objectives that he is leaving for me to get!

Turn 4
Movement Phase
I move two rhinos to the free objectives and claim them both, to humour him I send everything else directly at him. My DPs flying straight to him, and I moved my rhinos flat out at him, they formed a semi circle around his last stand it was really funny xD.

Shooting Phase
The havoc launchers on my rhinos let loose on the boyz squad and after three shots killed a grand total of... 1! Only one partially hit the rest scattered off the board.

Assault Phase
My DPs charge into his Boyz, whiping out a squad along with it's Nob leader.

Opponent's movement Phase
He moves nothing, he honestly believes that he'll get a draw if he still has his objective.

Opponent's Shooting Phase
His boom wagons fire at my DPs but miss and kill five boyz.

Opponent's assault Phase
He charges his warboss at one of my DPs and kills him. Darn.

Turn 4 analysis

Couldn't have gone better, he sat on his objective expecting to draw.

Turn 5
He asks to stop the game and I agree happily. After me explaining the rules of capture and control and how I had won, he smacked his head against the wall three times, he then remembers he forgot to bring in his deff koptas and bangs his head a further three times. He's a very new player. That put me in a good mood for the rest of the day :D.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I move my rhino flat out 24" towards the second objective to my left, this is the squad with the meltas. They make it behind some ruins and the rhino gains a 4+ cover save. The vindicator does not move.

Movement Phase

The plague Marines disembark from their rhino, and my DPs fly 12" towards his objective. My rhinos on the right flank push up, they move their 24" flat out.

Movement Phase
I move two rhinos to the free objectives and claim them both, to humour him I send everything else directly at him. My DPs flying straight to him, and I moved my rhinos flat out at him, they formed a semi circle around his last stand it was really funny xD.

Shooting Phase
The havoc launchers on my rhinos let loose on the boyz squad and after three shots killed a grand total of... 1! Only one partially hit the rest scattered off the board.
Nice report but i have 2 rule remarks. A rhino can not move 24". 12" is max. And after moving more than 6" they can't shoot. So you couldn't move your rhinos and than use the havoc.

Cheers

b.anthracis

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? I may have been using the rules from 3rd edition, where vehicles max were 24".
And you could move and shoot if you only moved 6" I'm pretty sure you can still do that. Anyway I just have to go and get the new rule book.

Thanks for notifying me.

·
Registered
467 Posts
and I moved my rhinos flat out at him, they formed a semi circle around his last stand it was really funny xD.
Ah I thought you moved your rhinos with which you shoot afterwards with the havocs.

But yes, if you move your vehicle 6" or less than you can shoot with 1 weapon with a strength of 5+ and all weapons with a strength of 4 or less.

I've send you a message for more information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts