Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Semi-Competetive list, Critisism welcome.

Legion of the Wretched is a Nurgle army, the list follows the fluff that I have made for them.

HQ
* Daemon prince @ 175pt
- Mark of nurgle
- wings
- warp time

* Daemon prince @ 170pt
- Mark of nurgle
- wings
- Nurgle's rot

Troops
* Plaguemarines @ 306pt
- 7 plaguemarines, 1 upgraded to champion with powerfist and combi-flamer
- 2 with plasmagun
- rhino - Havoc Launcher, Extra Armour

* Plaguemarines @ 306pt
- 7 plaguemarines, 1 upgraded to champion with powerfist and combi-flamer
- 2 with plasmagun

* Plaguemarines @ 291pt
- 7 plaguemarines, 1 upgraded to champion with powerfist and plasma pistol
- 2 with meltagun
- rhino - Havoc Launcher, Extra Amour

* Plaguemarines @ 291pt
- 7 plaguemarines, 1 upgraded to champion with powerfist and plasma pistol
- 2 with meltagun

Heavy support
* 2 oblits @ 150pt
* 2 oblits @ 150pt

*Vindicator @ 155pt
-Daemonic Possesion
-Twin-linked Bolter

Read my fluff (Link in signature) if you think a vindicator doesn't go with a nurgle army, fluff wise.

total 1994pt

Should I raise the overall points so I can add The Great Unclean one and two defilers because it's more fluffy?
Read The fluff on The Legion of the Wretched below, so you understand what I mean.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Can't see anything wrong with it, confused by the combi-flamers tho, most likely unnecessary, but none the less a solid list, and a nice fluff.

I think the Vindicator is a waste, compared to another 2 oblits, Vindicators work best in 3's imo. But thats just a suggestion.

·
Registered
496 Posts
to be honist i would swap the PP's and Combi flamers around

so PP with meltas and Combi flamers wityh Plasma guns

the reason i say this is because PP's can hurt light tanks incase your melta's fail (he will be in range anyway if the melta's are)

and if your sitting back spraying with the PG's you dont want to have you champ sitting there useless

Ranged weapons with Ranged weapons >.<

then again it is completely up to you

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
But papa Nurgle likes his plasma :) that's the reason i didn't say anything about them. :p

·
Registered
496 Posts
im not saying drop them

im saying put the combi flamers with the plasma guns and the plasma pistols with the Melta guns :3

·
Registered
941 Posts
do the switch like Flame said, but trade the combi-flamers for combi-plasmas, then everyone can shoot!:biggrin:

·
Registered
496 Posts
yea i just said it because a Combi weapon has a max range of 24, so do plasma guns

and PP's have a max range of 12, and so do Melta's

plus a PP is going to give you that extra pot luck shot chance of shooting down a transport or other light vehical so to me it just makes more scence in the Melta Squad

·
Registered
941 Posts
yea i just said it because a Combi weapon has a max range of 24, so do plasma guns

and PP's have a max range of 12, and so do Melta's

plus a PP is going to give you that extra pot luck shot chance of shooting down a transport or other light vehical so to me it just makes more scence in the Melta Squad
Right on the money! Exactly!:biggrin:

·
Registered
496 Posts
the only other thing i would like to see in that army, and again it would probaly only be if you upgraded your point total would be Typhus

if i was ever to start a nurgle army (i would be more likly to do a Blood for the Blood god Khorne army) i would definantly run himnot only because he looks completely bad ass (modelwise) but on paper he just seems so good (immune to perials free casting of Nurgle rot and Chaos wind)

the onyl reason i dont suggest him for the current army is because your current one looks good, and hes in Termi armor, which means that you would have to have some termis (which while good you dont really need)

either way with that PP and Combi swap i think your list would be about the best it could possibly be

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Combi-flamers are there for horde and incase people haven't noticed, nurgle armies really lack in horde control. It can also help against some IG or Eldar sometimes. I'll do the swap. Though one thing must be said on Typhus he does look very good on paper, but he eats it quick on the board. I would deffinately target Typhus first if ever I was to play agaisnt him. His scythe sounds pretty badass and all but he doesn't fit in with the fluff either, which you should read btw :D

·
Registered
496 Posts
i did know the Flamers were for Hordes, though really a ginle flamer shot two times idnt going to do that much, i still think the Combi flamers should go in with the Plasma guns since Meltas have 4" on Flamers and should be focoused on tanks anyway

though really you should be able to handle hordes in CC considering your T5 and have FNP (which means orkz without power claws dont have a shit shot in hell of touching you)

i was going to read the fluff, but ive been have some headaches latly i think i scrolled half way down it and read about some PM's dropping on a Guard post

also wouldnt nurgles rot be good against horde o.o? hitting all enemys in 6" with S3 AP- would work well against all non MEQ's one would think

·
Registered
170 Posts
I read your fluff...I really liked it. It could definitely use a bit more detail, but for a first time it's awesome! I couldn't do anything like that. But in regard to your list...going along with your fluff, I'd like to see the Great Unclean One, and maybe a couple defilers w/DCCS perhaps? I see you're planning for this to be a semi-competitive list, so I'm not sure how that would affect it's competitiveness. You might lose some firepower with Defilers with DCCWs...but I think it would fit well, just my opinion. And I liked that part about the Greater Daemon taking over the Champ in the fluff, so it would be cool to see that happen on the tabletop. Just an idea. Great little bit of fluff though...makes me wanna put together a strictly Nurgle Army. Keep it up! :biggrin:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Firstly in regard to what Flame said, I know that Orcs and such wouldn't be able to do much but neither would my plague marines. They don't have that extra WS or S to get the kills, but they will end up winning because they would survive longer. Nurgles rot, I might just get that on one of the princes, if you end up reading the fluff theres a section where it's used but thats with a greater Daemon. Flamers even only two of them can take down quite a few orcs if need be. I've also got Havoc launchers for horde and if I add in Nurgles rot that too.

Now in regard to bix, Thanks! :D I know it could use a bit more detail but I was extremely tired seeing as I'm on holiday and just got off a six hour flight, then drove a further three. I would add the defilers and The great unclean one and I probably will, but it was supposed to be a semi-competetive list and I would have to raise the over all points, plus I made this list with what I had already bought. I'll deffinately buy the great unclean one and some defilers in the near future though, they seem fun to paint.

Damn shame we can't use drop pods as Chaos on the table top though, I would have loved to convert some nurgle style.

All changes I make will be made directly to the first list so I won't be posting revised lists or anything so check back on the first list from time to time to see the changes, I've already made the swap around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts