Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok it's more fluff than practical but could I as a space wolf player have 10 man damed squad in a drop pod as allies ? I haven't got the sm codex so can anyone shed any light on the matter

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Yeah, you could do that, as long as you took an HQ and troop choice from codex space marines as well.

Legion of the Damned are an elite choice in the regular marine codex, so if you wanted to take a unit of them in your Space Wolf army than you need to take the minimum requirements for allies.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
as darkreever said you can as long as you meet the other criteria for allies, but on another note, legion of the damned cant take a drop pod, they must arrive via deep strike and also there no option to buy a pod for them in there entry.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Find another SM HQ unit with the deep strike special rule and just use their unit entry and proxy them for a Legion of the Damned commander.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
You'd have to be going with Lysander as the HQ surely ?

By fluff the LotD don't have any ranks but as you have to have an Allies HQ Lysander is going to make them awesome.

Grab some scouts as your troops choice and you have a pretty good strike unit for your army I'd reckon.

I've often wondered why people don't go with LotD more often them seem to be an outstanding special unit to have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts