Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today ive made a totally themed list for 8th Edition. I dont expect to win much but its still going to be fun to play with. Here it is at a mighty 3000.

Lords

Regalton, the Bloodgorger (Bloodthirster)-(540)
-Armour of Khorne
-Firestorm Blade
-Immortal Fury
-Spell Breaker

Heroes

Skulltaker-(150)

GoreFlare, the Bloody (Herald of Khorne)-(140)
-Firestorm Blade
-Armour of Khorne

BloodDrinker, the Tainted (Herald of Khorne)-(200)
-Juggernaut
-Soul Hunger
-Daemonic Robes

Soulripper, the Gouger (Herald of Khorne)-(140)
-Armour of Khorne
-Soul Hunger

Core
20x Bloodletters-(270)
-FC

20x Bloodletters-(270)
-FC

20x Bloodletters-(270)
-FC

20x Bloodletters-(270)
-FC

Rare
10x Bloodcrushers-(745)
-Standard Bearer
-Icon of Endless War

Grand Total: 2995

Tell me what you think! :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so how would i fit that?

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
take immortal fury obsidian armour and firestorm blades
standard set up for a BT... but the OP's BT set up isnt bad either.

List looks fine. I dont really understand equipping the heralds differently, but so long as there is a reason (anything like having a non-flaming herald to deal with flame resistant units is gravy).
Personally I would suggest losing a unit of bloodletters and their herald for 3 units of fleshhounds, but it depends on how you want to play. The BCs can just run forward and bash things till they're dead, the BT can try the same, flank units in combat with bloodletters or just go hunting flankers/monsters but the bloodletters wont be able to beat most enemies by themselves anymore- they just lack the attacks (and arent hard to kill). So I would send units of fleshhounds to win you the flanks (almost nothing other then a block unit can stand against them) and then bring them in to flank the enemy blocks as your letters fight to the front- hounds gie you the combat res while the letters give you the ranks to get rid of enemy steadfast (though the BT will work in this role he's still only 1 model).

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Again its a themed army so the heralds are all different in their own way. I could drop one unit and then drop a herald. Then I could have one block of 5 and another of 6 or one block of 10 and use the remainder of the points to fix in the obsidian armour.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Again its a themed army so the heralds are all different in their own way. I could drop one unit and then drop a herald. Then I could have one block of 5 and another of 6 or one block of 10 and use the remainder of the points to fix in the obsidian armour.
Um... too many pronouns for me to follow that. Units of what? Blocks of what?
If you are talking about fleshounds then units of 5 is plenty. Start adding too many and you'll up the points without drasically increasing effectiveness (certainly dont even try to get a rank of them: take 10 and you'll lose that rank as soon as 1 dies... so you need a few more then 10, and at that point you are 2-3 times the cost of the unit of 5 basic hounds that do the job almost as well).

I dont think obsidian armour is as needed as it was in 7th; used to be the BT could charge the front of the enemy's strongest unit and must it... now it might win the fight but wouldnt break the unit without a lot of luck. I recon the bloodthirster will rarely now make it into combat with enemy characters.. certainly not the lords that would be enough of a treat to require the obsidian armour. More likely is that you'll be fighting enemy monsters, warmachines and small block units (or charging into smaller block units and just killing your way through). If you charged a BT into my general's unit the chances are that I would just decline the challenge (assuming you issued one- you would be silly not to) and then hit you with the basic guys (if you didnt challenge it would be basic guys and combat hero/lord) and while I may lose the fight I would hope to do a wound or 2 on the BT... a few turns later I'll still be there with my unit (I may have lost a few guys and mebbe the hero/lord though) but the BT wil be dead- thats a huge loss for the daemon player so I wouldnt expect them to alloiw it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
i disagree there are to many weapons out there that will kill a thirster and he can still charge units and win just takes longer 2 munch through them

·
Registered
266 Posts
Fighting in two ranks and taking casualties from the back really makes sure you get a good amount of attacks back in with him. If you combine that with the 6+ maximum to hit and wound tables of 8th you will be looking at a bloodthirster sandwich before you even realise that you're hungry!

That is presuming the bloodthirster came in unsupported.

·
Registered
442 Posts
yes they may get a few attacks but with the number of hits you will suffer then how many will wound they will be lucky 2 do 1 wound then you get your stomp attacks aswell

·
Registered
266 Posts
I never said it would be easy.
But you must agree that it is a lot easier to do in 8th than back in 7th.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bloodthirster is now easier to kill then in 7th, but he is still a slaughterhouse, just not as big as one. I played this today, and besides killing a daemon prince of Tzeentch from the warriors of chaos army, he was always going into charges with a second unit to ensure a bloody kill.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts