Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
can't really comment on the highlights due to pic quality, but she seems damn hot! pretty bright leather there, i like it
I wanted a wind blown dry look with dust from the desert. I will try for better pictures when I can.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Great job! I love the color scheme. I was thinking about a LoE army, and doing them in a less purple/brown scheme. Yours looks very organic, great work!
Thank you. I started out using the new citadel yellow, in the end not finishing with it as its not ideal for the technique. (Other colours did a better job)

Cheers.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
I agree, I really like the muted and earthly theme you got going here. It shows that you can get a good theme going with a limited palette and without too many fancy techniques, which is usually what scares people away from getting better; They are too scared to try out all the fancy stuff.

Big thumbs up from my end Knify :good:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I agree, I really like the muted and earthly theme you got going here. It shows that you can get a good theme going with a limited palette and without too many fancy techniques, which is usually what scares people away from getting better; They are too scared to try out all the fancy stuff.

Big thumbs up from my end Knify :good:
The layering is really easy too.

1 base coat (brown is the new black)

2 main colour (darkest shade)

3 lighter shade, no highlights yet.

4 wash.

5 lighter shades; dry brushing.

6 ink / thin wash or blend wash.

7 lighter dry brushing and highlights.

8 little details.

9 play playstation.

10 basing.

Of course this can be simplified by...

1 base

2 lighter shades

3 washes

4 touchups / dry brush

5 washes again if needed.

Done. (Then base)

Cheers.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Games abound sadly I'm just spectating.

We are at gamezilla Fredericton NB. Good fun just starting.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Playing tomorrow, need to get some guys ready.

Unfortunately I will no longer be playing a fully painted force,to boost from 15 to 25 I am adding a neraph (will be magnetized for swapping to seraph) spawning vessel, blighted spears and spear chief.

Having some shredders ready to spawn also. Its a bit to do but I will get it done before months end. (I hope)

Cheers.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Rants and rave about the neraph kit....
Tail was molded into the body(interfered with how it actually attached) but the resin with enough hot water was easily re shaped! Pretty handy.
Same issue with the large wings, will be trying the hot water trick again, this will be a bit more tricky...

Over all I really like the kit, looks great and will be really easy to magnetize.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Fantastically magnetized!

The neraph looks amazing,while the seraph looks stunted.

So... conversion with 50% eh... should be interesting.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Plastic eh? Seems good.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Resin, not so bad. Unfortunately when they arrive with parts warped its a pain to straighten.

Just need some patience and hot water.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Just need some patience and hot water.
Yeah, just like some girls. :biggrin:

Are they good quality resin? Also, is warmahorde swapping to resin completely?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
It is decent resin. I dont think they are fully switching over, but there is a possibility of it.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
So here's my plan. I'm going to be sounds some conversions.... I'm not going to put up what parts were used and from who but I will put up the final painted image of the conversion.

I want to be able to see if on first look you guys can tell what its supposed to be and if the bits used can be picked out (easily no guesses)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

Didn't boost when I should have, left his caster with 1 hit left. The assault after... well I died.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Like the paintwork so far, but the model is fugly :grin:

21 - 38 of 38 Posts