Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Legality of using Forge World’s “Ork Warboss on warbike”

Hi fellow Warhammer players,

While surfing the net for examples of conversions, involving the creation of an Ork Warboss on a Warbike, I stumbled across a model called “ORK WARBOSS ON WARBIKE”. This model is sold by Forge world.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Orks/ORK-WARBOSS-ON-WARBIKE.html

I know that Forge World and games workshop are somehow affiliated, and Forge World does supply models that aren’t available by Games Workshop. As far as I know, all Forge World models are considered legal.

However this model has made me rethink this. Unlike an Ork Deffkopta, a Warboss does not have the option to equip a buzzsaw, according to the newest Ork Codex. The buzzsaw is considered to have the same stats as a Power Klaw, when equipped on the Deffkopta.

First question: How can a Warboss legally have a buzzsaw?

Second question: If there are official rules by Games Workshop that do allow the use of this model, with the buzzsaw as a weapon, in a tournament legal army, where exactly can I find them?

While I played my first friendly Warhammer 40k game just two days ago, I am looking forward to playing more games in the future. The reason why I am so anal about creating a legal army is that one day my friends and I would like to go in a tournament.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks for your time! :)

·
Imperial Major
383 Posts
I think that you just use it as a power-klaw, I don't think there is any problem with it being one. If it does have unique rules I'd expect it to be in an Imperial Armour book which is also sold by Forge World. In tournaments you can use it as a power klaw, but you can't use rules from Imperial Armour books. Hope this answers your questions.

EDIT: Ninja'd, shouldn't have written so much on essentially a 2 word answer.

·
4,491 Posts
Buy yourself a large petrol angle grinder, like the following...

If anyone disputes the legality of the Forgeworld Warboss, then pull the angle grinder out and cut your opponents arm off.
Im sure after a first-hand experience they will see that the representation is worthy.

·
Imperial Major
383 Posts
Buy yourself a large petrol angle grinder, like the following...

If anyone disputes the legality of the Forgeworld Warboss, then pull the angle grinder out and cut your opponents arm off.
Im sure after a first-hand experience they will see that the representation is worthy.
Only on these forums, from a warhammer player, would you ever get such an awesome response.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it does have unique rules I'd expect it to be in an Imperial Armour book which is also sold by Forge World
Well i found a book "IMPERIAL ARMOUR 8: RAID ON KASTOREL-NOVEM"

This book claims to have "Rules, background and technical details are included for all of the recent Forge World Ork releases". But it costs £45.00, which is more that the model itself :(

·
Imperial Major
383 Posts
That's the sad truth I'm afraid, ForgeWorld is costly business. But as I've heard from others the Imperial Armour books are really good. They do have a ton of fluff in there as well, I believe that books around 256 pages? I'm thinking of picking one up in the near future.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am willing to buy the book (IMPERIAL ARMOUR 8: RAID ON KASTOREL-NOVEM) ONLY if it says i can use this warboss in a legal army list.

If Forge World does not care giving people a look at the table of contents, then why should i risk buying something that i don't need?

·
Registered
435 Posts
You don't need a Imperial Armor anything to have a warboss on a warbike, Thats all in the codex, Only deffcoptas can equip "Buzzsaws" but since they count as power klaws in every regard, and a warboss can have a Power Klaw, he can technically have the same thing.

In your Codex:Orks, Look under the options for a war boss, I can't tell you the exact points values but its all legiiit.

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
Yeah, no need to buy the IA book at all for that model.

I would use the FW Warboss as a sort of divining rod for jackholes. If they are jackhole enough to say it's a "Buzzsaw" and not a "Power Claw" and is not WYSIWYG, would you really enjoy a game against them anyway? This just lets you know early!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts