Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Legacies of Betrayal

20K views 91 replies 22 participants last post by  Kalamoj 
#1 · (Edited)
A new article is up on New@BL;

http://www.blacklibrary.com/new-at-bl/cypher-spotted.html

Based on this we can be fairly sure that the next Horus Heresy novel, after The Damnation of Pythos, is Legacies of Betrayal which as far as I know is another novella collection. Apparently it will feature three novellas; one about Cypher, another about Fulgrim Post-Daemonic-Ascension, and a third that has yet to be teased/revealed.

Looking forward to this one. A chance to catch up with important characters that have undergone great changes or are close to undergoing great changes.

Edit: Cover released July 2nd,

LotN

See less See more
#22 ·

Purging of Kadillus

#50 ·
I agree. McNeill went south surprisingly. I heard that Fulgrim's story will be covered by someone else. In a sense I feel bad, I mean that nobility just vanished. I also thought French was going to do a novel for the Heresy series but I might have heard wrong. I'm surprised they haven't added more members to the series to make more novels faster. Its been awfully slow. And I hope Dan stays in good health, it seemed like he was going through a few rough years.

#16 ·
Good eyes. Would be understandable considering the current location of the Lion, and as Cypher was kept by his side, it would make sense he didn't go fucking around with Corswain hunting Typhon.

#25 ·
I'm not sure how accurate this is but according to someone whose information has proved correct in the past, the authors involved in this anthology are Gav Thorpe, Chris Wraight and ADB. So, for me at least, yay, yay and hyper-yay.

LotN

#29 ·
I just looked at the Cypher image and to be honest I wouldn't say with any certainty that that is part of an Ultramarine in the corner! It could easily be something else.

#31 ·
Ok - due to torture and murdering of grots i found out that
At the Weekender a cover art was revealed of Daemon Fulgrim
is not a cover for Legacies of Betrayal anthology, and it will not contain a story about Fulgrim from G.McNeil
It will have other cover and will contain Cypher Story - Gav Thorpe
Alaxxes or Arvida Story - Chris Wraight
Sevatar and a small girl - ADB

#32 ·
Sevatar and a small girl - ADB
According to ADB's facebook page, that particular story is slated to be an audio-drama.

What I read about the Fulgrim image is that it is part of a Daemonic Fulgrim novella that is a part of the next HH novella anthology. Legacies of Betrayal. Nothing was said about which author was doing it.

LotN

#33 ·
According to ADB's facebook page, that particular story is slated to be an audio-drama.
Yes, but it would be later - as a separate title. As you could see with their releases this year (each novella or short ) will be getting an audio treatment. So, we will see.

Fulgrim image is that it is part of a Daemonic Fulgrim novella that is a part of the next HH novella anthology. Legacies of Betrayal
Yeap - and i thought that myself, after the HH Weekender. But something has changed since when. Maybe McNeil can't finish it in time, or something else - i don't know. But it is not a part of Legacies of Betrayal anymore. It seems his story was replaced with Gav's Cypher story

#35 ·
The cover for Legacies of Betrayal is out and it turns out CotE was right. It wasn't Ultramarine blue/gold on the Cypher snippet.

It was Sevatar in this Who's Who of the Horus Heresy villains. Featuring Lucius, Calas Typhon, Argel Tal, Jago Sevatar, Azhek Ahriman, Kharn, Alpharius and Omegon, Maloghurst the Twisted, Cypher and possibly Forrix. All of whom are looking badass.

LotN

#39 ·
Cypher of course is obvious too. All the others bar, Kharn, Lucius and Cypher though could just be generic marines from those legions, even Kharn isn't conclusive, other than that he is a captain. Those would be some of the main figureheads for the Legions, but no real telling. Alpharius and Omegon though are the two that I would say aren't right.

#43 ·
With some I do think it's fairly obvious who they are, for the others well.. here's my train of thought for each one;

Scarface: Pink armour, bald, lots of scars that look very neat, almost self-inflicted. Gotta be Lucius.
Spikehelm: No idea. Likely a generic Son of Horus.
World Eater: His axe holding hand is unarmoured and has chains. No chance that isn't Kharn.
Death Guard: Only two Traitor Death Guard that are at all established in the series thus far, sadly, and those are Typhon and Grulgor. Admittedly no beard means Typhon is unlikely but i'd think that Grulgor, by this phase of the Heresy, would look a helluva lot worse than that.
Thousand Son: Horn helmet. Ankh staff. Cloak. Ahriman being the main TS character in the series. Gonna go with him since Kharn and Lucius are there.
Word Bearer: That, though with subtle differences, is actually how I pictured Argel Tal by the time of The First Heretic. Horned. Crab-claw. Beastial and Daemonic face.
Night Lord: Bat-wing helmet absence lessens likelihood of Sevatar but he has gold on his armour, I don't common legionnaires would have that. So either Sevatar or Sheng. Probably the latter on reflection.
Iron Warrior: No idea really. Forrix was a guess. Could be Kroeger, or Barban Falk.
Alpha Legionnaires: Again Alpharius and Omegon was a guess. Either way though they'd answer to Alpharius. Could be Sheed Ranko or Ingo Pech.
Cypher: Obvious.
Banner-Bearer: Not damaged looking admittedly but Maloghurst is Horus's standard bearer. A possibility at least.

LotN

#46 ·
It was Sheed Ranko yes.

Correct for Typhon as well. Terminator armour, scythe, beard or distinctive horned helmet. Though Typhon is the only notable Death Guard it could be, this leads me to think it is just a generic Death Guard. Lucius, Kharn and Cypher are certain. Ahriman is also pretty likely. But all of the others have nothing conclusive, neither do any of them have any of the distinguishing and identifying marks, weapons or armour that the main characters of her respective Legions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.