Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A new article is up on [email protected];

http://www.blacklibrary.com/new-at-bl/cypher-spotted.html

Based on this we can be fairly sure that the next Horus Heresy novel, after The Damnation of Pythos, is Legacies of Betrayal which as far as I know is another novella collection. Apparently it will feature three novellas; one about Cypher, another about Fulgrim Post-Daemonic-Ascension, and a third that has yet to be teased/revealed.

Looking forward to this one. A chance to catch up with important characters that have undergone great changes or are close to undergoing great changes.

Edit: Cover released July 2nd,

LotN

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Savage Weapons suggests otherwise!
ADB only really did The Lion and Corswain as characters in that short, he didn't go into the Legion indepth. Thorpe is the only established author that has done that. And Mike Lee I suppose but I doubt that it's his Dark Angels people want.

Don't make me quote the air bubble abomination. It's almost as bad as Ben Counter's SoB killing Grey Knights with their fists.
You have quoted that argument to me before and I have offered my opinion. I disagree.

I'm assuming for his own sake, that LotN was joking.
I was not. Angels of Darkness, Ravenwing, Master of Sanctity and the associated short stories are brilliant. I like Gav Thorpe, and I see no reason that should be a source of ridicule.

Also I find that "for his own sake" rather condescending.

It's hard to tell. He's a big fan of Fear to Tread
Yeah I am. It was a good book in my opinion, which to me is the opinion that gets the final/only vote.

LotN

·
Registered
364 Posts
And all that means - that except for 'The Damnation of Pythos' release for everyone, this Anthology (HH31) - is the only 'Horus Heresy' thing, that would be released this year.
Kind of sucks :(

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Oh. Well either way I'll not be holding my breath for more Thorpe pish.

Honestly with the Heresy series now, if it isn't ADB, Abnett or Wraight, then I'm not gonna get too excited or keen about the novel.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Lexicanum has The Damnation of Pythos up next, with The Crimson King listed next. Anyone heard anything about TCK? There's nothing on Lexicanum except that it's Graham McNeill and it's coming this year

·
Registered
279 Posts
Good eyes. Would be understandable considering the current location of the Lion, and as Cypher was kept by his side, it would make sense he didn't go fucking around with Corswain hunting Typhon.
This makes me very happy. Long live the xiii

1 - 20 of 92 Posts