Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The point of this list is to learn how to play. I'm starting with a lower number so I can paint it and get to playing faster. I've tinkered with a few games here and there but that was a couple years ago so this will be a learning experience.

Warboss w/ Pk, Bp, 'eavy armor, lucky stikk (119)

x2: 20 shoota boys, Nob w/ Pk, Bp (360)

15 lootas (210)

2 Deffkoptas /w Rokkits (60) Each taken separately

Comes to 749. I could also change to 12 lootas and 3 separate deffkoptas and be at 737 or even up it to 800 and include it all.

Remember this is just me learning to play. I don't care about perfection. I just want a competent list I can bring to the table to play with while I paint up more points.

Thanks for your input.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I like the list personally it is a list I would take 750 which is a good low point for the boyz and to learn to play the game. About the only thing I would offer for you consider would be to give the Nobs shootas it is free and they can now shoot at the same distance as the rest of the squad. I would probably take three deffkoptas. Having three fast objective grabbers can be useful as well as something that can hurt any hard stuff that shows up. Even with 12 lootas that is a lot of fire power and you can always split them into two squads of 6 if you want but if someone looks at them wrong they will run away at that low of a number but use their long range to your advantage. Then use extra point to grab a few more shoota boyz and have fun gaming.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
I agree with mornfangdakka, as a basic idea for an ork list it seems like a decent, idea with a large group of boys and some decent firepower.

Only real thought that id have is to split the lootas into either 2 or 3 smaller squads to have a slightly more efficent firepower base. Apart from that it looks like a decent idea that just goes like with what your preference.

·
Registered
564 Posts
some other food for thought would be to drop the lootas down to 10, take your 3 defkopta's and add a bigmek with a SAG and 1-2 ammo runts. this will give ou some nice big firepower from the back field.

also try and get some big shootas into your mobs of boyz. you could do this by dropping a powerklaw from one of your nobz and give him a big choppa and then run the warboss with that unit that would free up 20 points enough for you to put 2 big shootas in each mob.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts