Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
You are a brave man to be solo/duo que'ing for ranked :laugh:

Especially below 1500 elo. It's why I don't play ranked, but i'll never really improve unless I try it.
I play Singed. Testes the size of a small planet are a prerequisite when you spend most of your time farming behind your opponent's tower and spamming laugh.

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
This video summarizes ranked matches.

10 steps forward 10 steps back.

I'm usually the best player on my team, I have the best map awareness, I understand buff timers, I constantly tell my jungler where the enemy jungler will be at any given time. If ap mid is missing at 7 mins 20 you know he's gone for blue that respawns 5 minutes after its first killed. (assuming of course the jungler starts at blue.. shyvana, trynd and leesin usually start red)

The trouble is, no one else has any fuckin idea. You get dragged back by morons and noobs and end up losing elo. I've flirted with 850 elo before... I'm currently 1070 or so having lost and won 50% of my 450 ranked games.

Thats pretty much the nature of this beast, the team with the biggest moron loses... so I have a 4 in 10 chance of losing.

As an example yesterday I was jungling Warwick. My bot was lane Vayne and Soraka (soraka counter picked when they didn't have a support knowing she was laning against mordekeiser) theirs was Caitlyn and Mord. I ganked for a double kill around the 6 minute mark... gave the lane a huge advantage and they still proceeded to feed mord 10 kills in 16 minutes! We lost because of those retards.

Another reason you lose a lot of ranked game is that people don't counter pick... they go into the queue with a champion in mind and play that champion. My other loss yesterday was because of an Udyr who decided to pick him after he knew he was solo top against a ranged top, he was completely zoned out, got 20 minions to the opponents 80 and died about 5 or 6 times early. I LOL'd. People are retarded sadly... they don't build teams to defeat the enemy selections. If I see a melee solo top such as Nasus, Udyr or someone else without a distance closer or harass I'll pick Teemo. People will obviously bitch and moan, call me a troll and sulk but when I own the other team (my teemo ranked stats are 6 wins 1 loss now) they stfu.

This game is simply a matter of averting the retards in champion select, learning map awareness (buff timers, calling SS, checking the map constantly at least once every 5 seconds - make a mental note of where every enemy champion is and the time it'd take them to reach you), never overextending, don't suicide for 1 kill (you lose more gold than you would of farmed in the time it takes you to get back in lane). I think the control system is easy, advanced level play comes from using your brain tactically and building the correct gear.

Building the correct gear is another huge advantage. I have a friend who plays garen and always gets a force of nature (magic resistance) we were up against a team woth full AD damage carries. There was no magic damage... what did he buy? Magic resistance first. He's a moron, one of the sheep who has the brain of a fuckin amoeba. Learning to adapt your item build to fight the enemy is another crucial element of playing well. Yet another of my moronic mates had a warwick build he swore by. I had a look at it one day... 60% cooldown reduction1 "graeme, you are aware that the cooldown reduction limit cap is 40% right?" "is it?".

READ THE FUCKING FORUMS AND RULES!!!!

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
The trouble is, no one else has any fuckin idea. You get dragged back by morons and noobs and end up losing elo. I've flirted with 850 elo before... I'm currently 1070 or so having lost and won 50% of my 450 ranked games.
I'm noticing this too and I still only play against bots.

There's always one (or more) people that's more interested in kill stealing than helping the team. They inevitably are stupid enough to chase a low health enemy right into range of an enemy turret and then die for their trouble. It's incredibly frustrating.

This is why I prefer RTS (or whatever!) games that are 1v1 - no retards can mess things up. >_<

·
IRONBORN
424 Posts
This is why I always go 4-5 man premade :p. I seriously can't go solo queue anymore, I am too used to skype that I forget to type ss and other vital things :p.

I know It's probably not going to be too easy for some people, it's just I am lucky that I know 7 people who play quite regularly and are actually competent haha.

·
Banned
5,108 Posts
I'm noticing this too and I still only play against bots.

There's always one (or more) people that's more interested in kill stealing than helping the team. They inevitably are stupid enough to chase a low health enemy right into range of an enemy turret and then die for their trouble. It's incredibly frustrating.

This is why I prefer RTS (or whatever!) games that are 1v1 - no retards can mess things up. >_<
Except the person playing the RTS..........or the rigged race....

·
Registered
953 Posts
Jez added me to his friends list, so that's a start. Anyone else, just add me: Logan Grimnar to yours and let's get some games going!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
NA: DJPsiclone.

I'm usually playing on the weekends, but I can also do weekdays if my schedule is light. Champs I play the most are Dr. Mundo, Blitzcrank, Olaf, Tryndamere, Nasus, Urgot, Udyr, Twisted Fate, Karthus, Nunu, and soon, Xerath.

·
Curiouser and Curiouser
803 Posts
Hey Jez, can we get our forum names next to our LoL names in parenthesis so we know who everyone is? That would be awesome!

·
Registered
953 Posts
What's the heresy team speak info?

btw, unlocked & skinned Taric, so he's not as bad looking as he once was (still at 3k healt and specced into tanking, he feels a bit squishy)

21 - 40 of 56 Posts