Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I hope I posted this in the right place but on to the subject. I decided to strip some of my old dwarf models (metal and plastic) but was getting tired of scrubbing with the old toothbrush. In summary I took an old baby bottle nipple brush and cut the handle off so that I could adapt it to my dremel tool. Well after soaking in simple green, it took less than a minute to almost completely strip a plastic model. Unfortunately you need to pay attention with how you grip the model, my left index finger is raw at the moment from the brush rubbing it at 10,000 rpm. Hope this helps some of you guys.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I do the same thing, old soft brush attached to a dremel after 2 days of soaking ... only difference is I wear work gloves, waterproof ones.:grin:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now you tell me about the work gloves. I did that with the metal because I was using a "soft" wire brush.

·
Registered
116 Posts
THANK YOU FOR THIS INSIGHT! for some reason ive been feeling as if i needed to use my dremel for something.(but i thought id already made too much terrain) now i realize it was calling me to strip the 20+ models i need to strip.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Another trick is if you take the blades off a blender or food processors and put an old toothbrush on there, on low setting, it's even lazier.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Cutting the bristles down on a cheap art (hard bristle) paintbrush works better than a toothbrush which collects too much gunk, sprays paint about the place and doesn't work as well.

The other thing is gloves are important if you want to make the process a lot more hassle free.

A rag at hand to help remove the paint is also very handy.

And because the job is such a messy one you're going to want a container that you're transferring the cleaner pieces to that is ok to get marked with paint.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THANK YOU FOR THIS INSIGHT! for some reason ive been feeling as if i needed to use my dremel for something.(but i thought id already made too much terrain) now i realize it was calling me to strip the 20+ models i need to strip.

Use the smallest adapter and a paperclip molded zig zaggy and you also have a paint stirrer. Just use the lowest setting for this.

·
Registered
811 Posts
one could try a cheap electric toothbrush, I've been considering picking one up for just this purpose

1 - 9 of 9 Posts