·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Huron would be a better model if he didnt have a flamer gun on him

other than that im sorta indifferent on the new stuff

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Why would he be better without the flamer? How many other chapter masters have you seen out there who are wielding a heavy flamer as their fucking side-arm of choice?

Personally I absolutely love it, much better than that god awful model he got stuck with in the current chaos codex. Seriously, the original kit bashed version of the Tyrant was beautiful, this forgeworld model of him before the final strike looks awesome, the one they produced for him to coincide with the codex is a travesty at best. (For those of you who have had the fortune to see the original model the 'eavy metal team cooked up many years ago, do you agree that model at least made sense considering the characters history?)

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I for one love the current Huron Blackheart. I have never seen the older one, but I still enjoy the my Huron. As for the ForgeWorld one, I love it utterly and think its awsome that the Astral Claws will get their own rules now.

The only thing that confuses the hell out of me is why Huron packing Termie Armore? If his current state wears the same Power Armore he was Melta'd in then shouldnt he be wearing PA?

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Seeing as the armour he wore was almost completely destroyed in the melta blast, I think its safer to assume that armour is long gone. Especially considering the state of the Red Corsairs at the time: getting away from imperial retribution, limited resources, even more limited allies.

The original kitbashed model they came up with for Huron had the right feel for him. You took one look at that thing, how he looked cobbled together and not entirely whole, and you would instantly know he survived something that would have killed anyone else and should have been his end. It was a testament to just how much he refused to die and give his enemies that satisfaction considering all he had done up to that point.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Loving the Libby and Honour Guard..placing an order shortly so I can have them in my Deathwatch list- the RS Shoulder Pads will look sweet amongst all the other Chapter's ones.

Huron mini is great to..go nicely in my Brother's army.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think the Huron model is great. Really stands out, exactly like I think it should. The lion shoulder pad is a big plus for me.

I'm not as big on the Red Scorpions stuff. Mostly because for whatever reason I've never been a fan of the chapter. I like the Honor Guard models just fine, but not so much the Librarian.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'm thinking of ordering and then using the librarian as a Space Wolf Rune priest. Do you guys think that it could work? If so/not why?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
i'm thinking of ordering and then using the librarian as a Space Wolf Rune priest. Do you guys think that it could work? If so/not why?
it would work if you file off the red scorp Logo and put a wolf one in its place.

in fact because of the lightning bolts I think it would look awsome for a rune priest (ive been debating on doing it myself, but I have 3 - 4 RPs already)

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
You would also have to remove the hood since RP don't have hoods.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the terminator rune priest in the codex does seem to have a hood

·
Registered
324 Posts
I think using it for spacewolves would be really cool - I'd try it out if I could afford it =) The helmet is my favourite part, but the whole model is pretty awesome

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i can also convert the Honour Guard for my Crimson Fists army as i already have Pedro

1 - 17 of 17 Posts