Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I've not been here more, work and family...you know the drill...

Anyhoo, I've just completed building a IG Medusa Siege Gun for an IPMS Regional contest. All papercard - total cost: maybe $3 U.S. About a month of building on my free moments.

I'll be painting and building a diorama for it (in less than 2 weeks - Yikes!:shok:).

Hope you like it.

·
Searching for Vulkan
2,755 Posts
Nice work man!! I hope you've logged alot of photos for the contest! I do historical armour and I know the drill with IPMS and the North East scene! One comment I'd hit you on if I were a judges is the gun position with the blast shield. The shield on MY left is rubbing the gun and there is a much bigger gap on the right hand side! Just watch that brother, they might ding ya on it! Great work though!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The original plans came from a Russian 40ker that goes by the handle of Patoroch. I must admit to adding some detail to the model (like rivets and tank tread links). I am priming with sandable auto body primer, but am using a new type as the place I usually get my primer from changed companies....we'll see how it goes (maybe it will all go to mush...:()

The shield was not glued in at the time of photography and the gun is not either....so I can paint it better.

look here for links:

http://www.starshipmodeler.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=82137

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Wow amazing, how durable is it. Could the same thing be done with thin plasticard.

·
Registered
616 Posts
This...is...awesome

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the compliments! Now an update, I have it colored and am starting to weather it. It was painted with sand-able auto body primer, and then painted with a mixture of acrylics including GW paints. No warping and it is somewhat water proof on the surface.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
pretty nifty...i'm thoroughly impressed! how did you do those treads? I've been struggling with those.
I printed out the treads twice. The first I left as a strip, then I cut a verrrry thin piece of cardstock to use for the link pins. I cut and glued them into position on the first strip. I then cut out the individual links on the second track and glued them down over the link pins on the first track. Finally, I cut out the squares and glued them down to the top of the links.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts