552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so the 2000 point list is:

Sicarus

Tac squad (10) + melta + MM + sgt. combi-melta + rhino

Tac squad (5) + razorback

Terminator ass squad (5 LC or 4 + 1TH )

Techmarine (goes with TAS above in dedicated LRR) + ServoHarn +PW+ 2Serv

1 Attackbike MM x 3 (or 2 and 1 if i take Vanguard vets - see below)

LRR dedicated transport ( may tool it up a little depending on points left)

Predator (TLLC) LC sponsons, extra armour and chronus.

LRC (Sicarus goes here with his squad)

Originally this was a fun list to see how cheap (£) I could build a 2k point army. Hence LR, Sicarus, Terminators etc. Had Tigurius originally too, and a ven dread.

However, I tinkered a little to get a list that - although not competetive - I feel would be fun.

Thinking goes as follows:
1. Predator and bikes hunt armour, with the tac squad available for that too in their rhino if needed.
2. Tac squad in razorack jusk skulks around helping out in firefights or mopping combat - but mostly staying out of trouble to help grab objectives/ sit etc.
3. Techmarine keeps the Redeemer flaming and wades in very nicely in close combat with the TASq. Designed to compliment the Redeemer in taking out elite infantry.
4. Sicarus goes with the final squad in the Crusader. Now I am not stupid; I know this list isn't the best - it wasn't designed to be supe competetive - but I am seroiusly thin on the ground so I need this squad to be a little multipurpose. First off I need it to be destructive close combat and preferably keep models as this is my IG / Ork hunter. But if they can bring something to fire-fight or anti-armour then that is well and good. More so than the LRR, this squad will be dropped off to handle troops on their own while the LRC guns another squad of the Troops type. So if it has to footslog Some decent firepower would be a bonus.

My reasoning above has led me to several solutions in varying degrees of combat:firepower. please let me know what you think is the best. I am quite happy not to spend all the points too - would be great to have 10/20 points at the end to upgrade my LR HB to MM to make use of the PotMS. But not essential.

So option 1: 5 vanguard vets - sgt relic blade, TH (for anti armour use too), PF, 2 Power weapons or LC.
225 (or 3 PW/LC and 1 TH 215)

No real multi use except bolt pistols and TH - may be overkill against light infantry - but allows me to take on bigger things. CC ownership.

Option 2: Terminator Assualt squad w/ 2 TH.

Least multipurpose unit here, but WILL shred infantry and cheapest.

Option 3. Terminator squad w/ HF and 2 chainfists

brings a little fire to the table but with all the I1 striking if anything lands a few I may not have much left. Don't want to get bogged in melee.

or w/ cyclone or ac and 1 chain fist.

Most expensive, but certainly better at multipurpose and shooting phase.

Option 4: 7 Sternguard Vets w/ PF, 2 combi-flamer

options here allow me to add combi-s for 5 points unlimited numbers to really add to this squads versatility ( I have just kitted it for infantry ). I can give them power swords for 15 points instead of bolt pistols for added cc punch, or drop my boltgun for a chainsword and the extra attack, but I lose the special ammo then.
I like this unit but I feel it wastes Sicarius - just popping away with his plasma pistol (I can always throw him in the other LR and let these guys support the LRC, but I want a unit to complement him). Also, this unit is wasting its potential assualting straight out of the crusader - would be less aggressive than the first two options which would assualt out, and the termies would prob get stuck straight in if time was of the essence. These guys would just get tied up I fear if they don't unleash a salvo first.

Anyway, your preference (or better suggestions) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

RL

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
hey, I think your list is fundamentally flawed. You don't have any firepower and only a big rock unit. At 2K, you'll get taken apart.... If you're interested, I've put together a good list for a single rock army at 2k (though it still has the problems of being a rock army) Please see here

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the pointer. Your theory is good until you get to selecting Razorbacks for your 10 man tac squads.

On the topic of my list, just in case anyone out there is interested, I am going to run Sicarius in the LRC with the Ass Terms to make use of the 2+ and kit out some sternguard to run with the techmarine in the LRR, and take MM on both LR. Gives me lots of las and melta action. may try to rejig to get more sterg in the squad, but need to keep at least one Troop choice useful.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I apologise, it doesn't say in the codex that you can't select a RB if the squad is over capacity. My bad.

thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts