Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing a Nid army, I have a model in base with the Tyrant with a Lash whip, obviously my initiative is reduced to 1. He then charged me with a Carnifex. If I attack the carnifex rather than the Tyrant is my initiative still 1 even though Im attacking another model? Or does base contact still apply?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Unfortunatly yes your still I1 when is base contact with the Hive Tyrant, so just send in some thunder hammers and laugh :)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I love lash whips against eldar and daemonettes it makes me laugh when I6 units go up against a squad of warriors just to be ass raped because they strike last

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I love lash whips against eldar and daemonettes it makes me laugh when I6 units go up against a squad of warriors just to be ass raped because they strike last
and then i use Banshees which effectivly ignore your lash whips. :p

Ya the lash whips will keep you at I1 as it says "in bace contacts" and not if you are fighting him directly.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
and then i use Banshees which effectivly ignore your lash whips. :p
I don't know why that is so exciting. All it means is that Lash Whips are neutral vs Banshees, the Banshees are no more affective than they ever are and would probably still lose to the Warriors.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Erm its exciting because you get to stabberise the Warriors to death instead of just getting violated like everything else in the codex does. So Banshees are 100% more effective than every other Close Combat unit as they will at least get to strike.

Aramoro

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I don't know why that is so exciting. All it means is that Lash Whips are neutral vs Banshees, the Banshees are no more affective than they ever are and would probably still lose to the Warriors.
it has been pointed out in the FAQ (Nid or Eldar i can't remeber) that anyone with a Banshee mask is effectivly uneffectied by the whip. There I goes down to 1 and then rockets up to 10. i WILL attack first and combined with doom thats going to alot of wounds

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
it has been pointed out in the FAQ (Nid or Eldar i can't remeber) that anyone with a Banshee mask is effectivly uneffectied by the whip. There I goes down to 1 and then rockets up to 10. i WILL attack first and combined with doom thats going to alot of wounds
Yes, so what is your point?

All I said was that Banshee Mask is no more or less effective vs Warriors with Lash Whips than anything else. It seemed to me that someone was getting over excited about the affect of the mask.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
I have literally no idea what your point is darklove. The Banshee Mask is more effective against Lash Whips than anything else in the codex, in fact its more effective than anything else in the game against Lash Whips.

Aramoro

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I have literally no idea what your point is darklove. The Banshee Mask is more effective against Lash Whips than anything else in the codex, in fact its more effective than anything else in the game against Lash Whips.

Aramoro
Do the Banshees strike at I10 against everything?

Yes.

Does everything mean everything?

Yes.

How does this mean that they are any better against Tyranid Warriors with or without Lash Whips?

They aren't, nothing has changed, everything is the same. Banshees still strike at I10.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
No one is questioning that, people are just saying they are more effective against Lash Whips than anything else. We're not talking about how effective are Banshees against everything, but how effective is everything against Lash Whips. Of all things Banshee Masks are the most effective.

Aramoro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts