Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

As I'm developing my CSM army anew, I wanted to make some lascannon and missile launcher havocs to supplement the heavy section of army. However, I do not want to buy the havoc pack 5 times to get 5 missilelaunchers, so I've decided to buy the missile launchers over at Forgeworld to use instead, so I can have some cool looking havocs and maybe use a standard pack of 10 CSM to build 10 havocs instead.

However, I can't seem to find the right arms to use to actually equip the damn things. Anyone know which bits to buy for these? I can find the arms for things like Heavy Bolters easily enough, but not the ones where they are mounted on the shoulder.

Any advice is welcome!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
For both the forgeworld missile launchers and lascannons, the arms are part of these sets of 5 lads:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/The_Hor...rt_Squad/LEGION_MKII_HEAVY_SUPPORT_SQUAD.html

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/The_Hor...t_Squad/LEGION_MKIII_HEAVY_SUPPORT_SQUAD.html

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/The_Hor...rt_Squad/LEGION_MKIV_HEAVY_SUPPORT_SQUAD.html

My advice would be to either get those squads and add some chaos heads/shoulder guards/etc. But that might be too expensive for your tastes.

Or go on eBay or another bits store and buy the arms from there as well as the launchers and the 10 man regular box of CSM.

Hope that helps!

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
as Dues says your gonna need the support squad, just buy it , take the arms and resell the bodies,legs and heads, the arms will work perfectly on the normal plastic chaos marines, to be honest i think FW are missing a trick not selling the arms separately as i think they would sell far more of those weapon sets if they did.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Or go on eBay or another bits store and buy the arms from there as well as the launchers and the 10 man regular box of CSM.

Hope that helps!
Hmm I can't seem to find any on eBay - Thanks though. Now I know what to look for at least!

to be honest i think FW are missing a trick not selling the arms separately as i think they would sell far more of those weapon sets if they did.
Completely agree - This way a set of Havocs rams up to around 50 pounds for 5 of them :(

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
I wish they'd sell backpacks and arms separately, I have five mk II's I've repurposed but now no longer have the back pack for them or the right arms.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
@bitsandkits Comer to think of it, you wouldn't have any of those arms laying around by any chance? :p
sadly not, we are struggling to shift FW stuff these days, we get no discount on it, so to make any money from it we have to charge a premium for the parts which people are reluctant to pay these days as there is such a large variety of plastics available for far less money, i would say however that converting space marine arms for this use might not be as hard as you think, the recent space marine sternguard/vanguard and tacticals have quite a lot of non standard arms compared to previous kits, i will have a look and see if i can come up with an plastic solution.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sadly not, we are struggling to shift FW stuff these days, we get no discount on it, so to make any money from it we have to charge a premium for the parts which people are reluctant to pay these days as there is such a large variety of plastics available for far less money, i would say however that converting space marine arms for this use might not be as hard as you think, the recent space marine sternguard/vanguard and tacticals have quite a lot of non standard arms compared to previous kits, i will have a look and see if i can come up with an plastic solution.
Awesome, thanks alot man!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts