Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the largest game you have seen, heard of, or been envolved in? I know at my old store we had a 54 or 56,000 point game on a 6 ft by 25ish ft long board that lasted allll day and half the night. I don't even remember who won (I think the evil side did, weak left flank IIRC) but it was great fun, lots of Legendary units on both sides (no titans though). I wish GW would track this kind of info so maybe someone could set up an even larger game (lets say 100k!).

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Well, mine was a twelve-gamer battle that was around 35,000 points a side, and lasted for ten hours, not counting dinner and lunch. Good won by the skin of it's teeth. We had three objectives, one got captured by a Redeemer force the last turn, the second I sat my newly-painted Warhound on, it survived the game.

-Dirge

·
Registered
114 Posts
WooT the biggest game saw was the bigger than exterminatuse white dwarf battle rep.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
biggest game i was at was a ork release game years ago they had a the ork titan one side and a base the other side of the 30ft table in GW manchester when it was downstairs.

someone had brought along there own blood angels hawk titant of some sort and i had several asssasins on the titans killing stuff sabotage ect, the rest was mowing down orks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would love to try and set up a mega battle involving as many people as I could, the hard part would be getting the word out and having people commit and actually show. My local GW store closed down while I was deployed so now Nashville is the closest gaming shop that has any type of 40k action.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
i've done a 6000pt fantasy battle. the bigest would be an apocolypse battle at my local 14 players about 10,000pts per side

·
Registered
505 Posts
The biggest I've seen didn't have a set point value but was a 12-way free-for-all with between 1000-2000 points per player (it was played with apocalypse rules). I was at a disadvantage because most people had 2000 pts and I had only 1300.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Unfortunately only about 2500 pts so far :(

Even though i'm making a witch hunters apocalypse army i have yet to play in one. Though the second i get too the magical 3000 me and my 3000 pt necron freind are going to duke it out.

·
Registered
177 Posts
erm well we didn work out the points value cause the shop is shit tbh but we did break the north east record for the most space marines on the table we had about 2000 of em excluding viecles they were fighting chaos mine only a really small force and aload of orcs.

we also had a house rule tht when we got killed we could come back on minus characters ofc just for kickcs

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hmmm... my biggest game was when I went to GW in covenrty once. It was 20,000 points a side and I had myself 7000pts of Imperial forces. The opponents were using a hell load of Orks. It took 10 baneblades (including mine flank marching) to wipe out most of the Foot troops. then their Squiggoth trampled 2 bane blades... BUT WE WON!!:eek:k:

·
Registered
112 Posts
The 40k of 40k game we had at my local shop. It was everyone vs scott and his orks, he had to have like 3 people come and help him move all of them. Has anyone else seen a big stompa made out of a 22" trash can? That thing stomped 2 baneblades and a hellhammer before an entire genestealer cult charged it and brought it down (all dying in the resulting explosion).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh wow that must have been awesome. I wish I was there. I have a nice 10000-15000 point game lined up for October as it is the school open evening and lets us play from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. There are 2 people vs about 7. Im with the 7 as they are all rubbish in comparison to the 2 as they (including me) are 40k veterans.

·
Registered
365 Posts
My largest game was 6,000pts per side. Marines & Tau vs Necrons & Tyranids. The game was called off before 3rd turn since the evil side wasn't paying attention. Good wins by default, yay!

·
Registered
712 Posts
The largest game ever i was a part of. We had a 4 on 4 match and each player had 12,000 pts. We managed to finish it over a weekend because we were all good players and were able to move quickly. I never want to see that many space marines on one table again. (3 people had SM and 2 had chaos SM)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts