Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These are some pics of my first tentative steps towards a highly destructive SM army.....any feedback would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
tehres meen quite a few games before avatar that have used that similar design. I wish people would stop comparing things to just the most recent fad

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I have not seen avatar. Dam nice speeder though. Much of it reminds me of a vietnam era huey gunship. Very nice work. Without a doubt the best converted land speeder i have seen.
The rest of models (pred and dread) are magnificent also but the speeder stands out. Rep

·
Registered
362 Posts
Wow man thats a great speeder. you should get a large flyingbase for it:p And very nice painting!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
#1 Many thanks for all the good vibes!
#2 Regarding the Landspeeder, I´ve attached some pics from the beginning & to explain a little.... I originally wanted to strip down a speeder & give it the look of a "chopper" so with the help of an ample bits-box, plasticard & my 3yr old´s toys I kind´v let it develop on it´s own.
I had some Hawker Typhoon props knocking arourd for ages which I always thought would look great horizontaly as turbines but never found the context, then when I discounted packing the rear end with missiles (& Avatar reminded me of some old Bell experimental aircraft which I always thought were groovy) I hit on the idea of mounting them on the back of the speeder. The Housings are made of cactus pots, coffee sticks & a bit of lego (the turbines actually tilt but I wouldn´t dare try moving them)& the rest of the spine is plasticard.
As for the CASEVAC in the rear, I didn´t see the point in having 3 huge engines to power the speeder considering it now had turbines for lift so I hacked 2´v them out and filled the space with a stretcher & all mod-cons.
The rest of the details are probably the fruit of smoking too much in the evenings!
Anyway Cheers!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I like the predator the most. The speeder is the most striking, but the predator has a lot of very subtle conversions that have been worked into it that fit in very well with the design of the tank and don't look like a bunch of stuff just added on. The paint scheme, although I don't care for it myself, is well executed and with crisp, clean lines. Look forward to seeing more, and well done.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
These are the troops which started the whole colour scheme off! My first attempt at 40k (I´d been tweaking High Elves up till then...) so I wanted something different & I´ve always had a thing for D-Day invasion stripes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts