Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
landraider from a mate WIP

well tonight i was given aload of models and a landraider, the landraider which is the subject of this thread was in quite a bad shape
heres a quick list of problems it had/hads
1. warped plastic
2. tank floor glued the wrong way,
3. front hatch was snapped off,
4. roof wasnt glued on and didint fit on properly due to warped plastic,
5. part of track broken off,
6. 1 lascannon sponson in bits and damaged,
7. side hatches off, and 1 damaged with to much glue,
8. damaged twin-linked heavy bolters,
9. broken smoke launcher on one side,
10. headlights glued on the outside of mounting, other side no glued on
11. missing roof optics that are next to twinlinked heavy bolters,
12. sponsoon mounting glued upside down
13. and the biggest part of it all glued with loads of super glue

what iv decided to do is do it as a nurglefied landraider, mainly cause of damage and large gaps in the roof, so heres pics of stage 1 (more stages to go)
what do you think?

·
Registered
548 Posts
looking good so far, sir! i suggest looking at this, for inspiration and then breaking out the green stuff and make it even more nurgley!! :grin:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep ill be using svarts amazing conversions as a guide and it will get more nurgly. im only on the first stage at the moment, i had to literally rip the tank apart to get it aleast close to how it should fit together, tomorrow ill be adding more nurgly parts to it

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Looking good so far. The hole in the door behind the lascannon would make an ideal gap to create a big mouth with some teeth or just a hole with gribbly bits hanging out.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Thats where all badly assembled tanks end up, with farther nurgle or wit da ORKS. Good work keeping it alive. From what i can see you won't be able to tell when its finished.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
unfortunately i didnt take any before pics, i forgot to in my haste of trying to repair it, lol, i wasnt even sure if i could salavage it, i never get given any second hand tanks i neither do i usually buy them of ebay im used to building brand new tank kits, but it makes a change and its a challenge, just more green stuffing to do lol

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Looks great :) Iv never got the hang of GS moulding...

I love re-building bust up models, either for my Orks, or just repairing various SM/IG tanks for friends.
I was given a Falcon Chassis a while ago that I still need to get ruond to converting...now thatll be a challenge.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just a quick update, taken me a few days get motivated to do some more green stuff, havent added to much to it tho a few puss bags here and there, still lots more to do, like distressing the hull more, adding thorny growths etc
well heres some pics
(oh yer in the hatch part i tried to model a small nurgling (which is in between the two tentacles) but i dont think it worked)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts