Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my question is guys. What is the better fit out Heavy Bolter/ Assault cannon or Heavy Bolter / Typhoon Missiles? The use of the speeders will be a unit of 3 vs a variety of armies from marines to nids in a league. Should all 3 be fitted out the same or a combo like 2 assault 1 typhoon etc. Anyway any help will be much appreciated

·
4,491 Posts
Keep them in seperate units if possible.

There are 2 effective combo's, depending on its role.

Either HB/TML, or MM/HF.

EDIT: The MM/HF is useful as it serves 2 purposes, both anti infantry and anti tank.
You always want to be moving the vehicle over 6" every turn.
Taking 2 of the same weapon is pointless, as you can only ever fire 1.
By taking one of each, you can adapt the vehicle to 2 different roles depending on the situation.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
If I had 3 (actually I do... never mind that) I would go with 2 typhoons and one with melta/flamer.

Assault cannons aren't great. There's hardly any situation where they are better than the typhoon. Typhoons are my favorite because they start popping transports on turn 1 and are still shooting most of the time on turn 7. They have no need to go anywhere near the enemy so he has to aim big guns at them if he wants to stop them, but these tend to be aimed more towards my land raiders. Most of the time my typhoons live through the game and just score kill after kill after kill.

There's clearly a case for melta if you need to break the other guy's land raiders, and a land speeder is the best platform for it. A heavy flamer is a nice cheap addon that you won't fire all that often, but which can cause enormous damage when you do. Personally I tend to take melta in squads and not use this configuration, but it does have its uses.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awsome thanks guys. They are the last squad to go into a full DOA army who are all armed with 2 meltas, so its more an anti infantry option for the orks and nids. So Ill be going with HB/TML.
Once again Thanks for the advice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts