Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

a time ago I bought a Land Raider Crusader.
During my build i desided that i wanted a normal Land Raider instead of a Crusader.
I found out that the crusaderkit doesn't have a twin linked heavy bolter and I already mounted the lascannons.

My question is:
Is there a way that i could use the Twin Linked Assault cannon on a normal Raider? Or do i have a problem now?

Thanks Fireflies

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Yup- if I were you I would buy the razorback kit- you can build the TLHB from that kit for your LR and then use the TLAC on teh razorback (an excellent upgrade that very few people use because of the difficulty in getting the TLAC).

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Alas no. (Also good call on not having a Crusader. they are almost a complete waste of points)
You have a few option on how to go from here.
Proxy - Probbly the easyest(and lasy) way. Just put it there and say that it's a heavy bolter.
Razorback - As the guys above me have said build a Razorbak and take the HB from there and give them the Assault cannon as they really are great with them.
Green struff - Make the Assault Cannons. You will eaither need to be a god with green stuff for seek help from your local in recreating the assault cannons them selfs and then build it into the turret. It's not beond doing(1 person i knwo build and entire Demon from green stuff and straped it onto here Vindicaotr for a lovely and awsume possesed Vindicator)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oke sounds good to me, but how do i know how many points that's going to cost for the Razorback? The Codex only mentions the upgrade to twin linked lascannon

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
What codex are you using?
If its the Codex: SPace Marines then you can have TLLC, TLAC or lascannon and TL plasmaguns all for the same points (or TL heavy flamers for 10pts less).

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
The current is 5th Edition, so grab that if you want to put TLAC on your Razorback. Are there TLLC in the Razorback kit? You can always just use them.
There are enough bits in teh razorback hit to make a TLLC or a TLHB... but not both. You get both weapons but there is only 1 each of the circular bit and the stand that the weapons affix. But you can just not glue guns on and then clip the weapons in with the top cover- it would be fragile but would allow you to change weapons at will.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just need the bits for the tlhb to transfer to landraider (originally an crusader). so i can make it a normal landraider. Then i use the crusaders tlac for the razorback

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Land Raider with Twin Liked Assault Cannon + Multimelta

I've got another question, its about the same Land Raider, I have a multimelta from a hatch (call it pintle mounted??) as a weapon on the Raider. Is this in anyway possible to use on a other tank? (i got the multimelta as a lose hatch so it is easy to replace)

Thanks Fireflies

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've browsed the Forgeworld site, if found that i can also convert the raider to a Helios Landraider. Anyone got any experience with that one?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts