Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I'm building my Land Raider...however, I'm wondering which configuration most folks are going with? I did spend 18 dollars on getting the Redeemer/Crusader sprue, but now I'm having trouble magnetizing the thing and I want to get it done. Would I regret going with the standard Raider? Is the Crusader that much better? My impulse is to go with fluff, I play Crimson Fists and am thinking of going with Raider because of "Rynn's Might". Although I don't want to lose a strategic edge due to ignorance. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

·
4,491 Posts
Magnetize.

There are plenty of tutorials for magnetizing all 3 variants of the Land Raider.
A quick search on Google and you should be able to find something. ;)

If not, i might be able to take some pics for you in a few days.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Magnetisizing is the way to go with it. on a vehicle it really isn't that hard and definitely worth it. If its not an option then decide why you want it. If its for anti tank, then keep the normal one, and blast away with las cannons. if transporting, avoid the normal as the las cannons become tougher to manage. personally i prefer and use the crusader with a multi-melta. I can move 6 inches and fire the huricane bolters and assault cannons at an unfortunate infantry unit. then i use the multi melta at any nearby vehicle. plus it can take two more terminators if i choose.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I would go magnetise as well but From the 3 variants I think the crusader is the best overall. The land raider makes a great bunker and great for a defensive army but you could get much more to bulk up a defensive line for the points it costs. Redeemer a good assault spearhead but it has it's downsides. the footprint of the land raider chassis makes the cannons very difficult to hit a lot of models in front of it, especially if you're dropping a unit out the front hatch. So it hits roughly 2 models per template. the crusader on the other hand, yes it's weaker but you can be firing from 24" away and when you get up close all you need to see is one model from the squad to be able to hit every model of the squad and with 12 rerollable shots those things have a lot more damage output compared to redeemers. Plus I personally despise templates on tanks :)

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Magnetizing is the way to go.

I have a Crusader Variant, and i can say it has been a damn good unit to have, termie assaults are easier with its usage and as its hard to take out; it lasts a while.

6 - 12 shots with the Bolters, Assault Cannon with Rending and then a Multi-Melta on top!
Can't go wrong

SGMAlice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts