Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Just picked up a brand new land raider on the cheap (Thank you very much, Maelstrom Games) and I'm going to be adding it to my Raptors Army.

Now my army is based around Jungle Fighting - These guys are like Catachans in power armour.

What kind of conversions could I make to suit the vehicle to a jungle combat environment?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Flamers !!! :D
lol, the redemer conversion would work.

i just had the thought of tree cutting arms from a tree harvestor go though my mind also :D

·
Registered
601 Posts
indeed, I'd put some saws up front (counts as dozer blade???) Also some camo-netting'd be nice. I wouldn't know how to make one though. :(

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
yeah some sort of jungle clearing gear mounted on the front, have a look on line for jungle fighting tanks and armour for ideas, mainly look at the 2nd world war onwards for ideas. just remember what ever you build will need to look like it can lift clear of the assult ramp.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Something based o this sort of design would work well imo. Not to hard to sculpt/construct I would think.

Buzzsaws don't feel very marine aesthetic to me.

And 2nd the flamer motion ;p

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Just slap a giant tree ontop of a redeemer and paint the tank green. Should look good. Lol

·
Registered
164 Posts
lol, if your going to do that make it a coconut tree so at least it can provide refreshments :D
That would be one hell of a mobile bar

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
Look at some of the tanks in Vietnam as an example... I don't think you have to tiger strip it... or even add anything...

Here are a couple of images

So I would suggest doing the tank in green, then look at making it dirty and have mud on the tracks... I think that would give the most realistic look.

Note the muddy tank pads on the tracks...

·
Registered
323 Posts
We are the knights that say NI

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
In reality tanks dont worry too much about smaller trees, espcially something as heavy as a landraider.

Some kind of saw device in from of the tracks however would look pretty cool, so one ahead of each track would be an idea.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts