Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if this was legal.
If so, this tank would have 12 heavy bolters firing with AP4 and ignoring invulnerable saves.
So for 270 points (just 20 more than a regular land raider), you get a model with offensive capabilities rivaling the normal land raider, extra armor, the frag assault launcher, and the ability to carry 50% more units.
Something just seems a bit cheap about that.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Nope sorry. If you read the Vehicle Armory version of the Psycannon bolts they only work on Storm Bolters and Heavy Bolters. The Wargear Armory version works on any thing with Bolter in the name, but thats diffrent from the Vehicle Armory version. Not to mention that Psycannon bolts do nothing for the Str of the shots.. only the AP and that they ignore Invulnerable saves.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, I thought since hurricane pattern bolters were 3 twin linked heavy bolters put together they qualified to be used with them.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Again.. only Storm and Heavy for the Vehicle version of the upgrade. Yes I know.. I thought about that to when I saw it and thought that would be an ungodly killer of Tau, Imperial Guard, and other 4+ save armies.. but alas it was not ment to be.. GW probably thougt it to powerfull.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Vehicles dont take wargear upgrades.. only upgrades from Vehicle armory. The only reason I mentioned the regular Wargear upgrade is that most people get the 2 confused and think they work the same but their not. And again the vehicle version of the upgrade says that it works only storm and heavy bolters (of Grey Knight vehicles) and Im just letting the OP know that it does not upgrade the Hurricane Bolters or regular Bolters (which is what Hurricane bolters are) for that matter.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
and the LRC or the LR has neither of these. not to be rude but please re-read your codex before posting questions like this in terms of what weapons the vehicle actually has, mistaking twinlinked bolters for twinlinked HB is a huge difference in firepower and abilities to use specific rounds.

cheers :grin:

·
Registered
0 Posts
If you where to field a Prometheus Land Raider, it does in fact have 4 x TL Heavy Bolter and a Storm Bolter which would be great for Deamon Hunters.

·
Registered
0 Posts
That thing honestly rivals the LRC in anti troop 12 HB shots at 36 inches *drool*, to bad they can not make the kit in plastic, the resin one is a pain to work with and i would love to get a 2nd for my army. I am going to order a Helios kit soon as well. I just ordered my Terminis Ultra. All I am missing now is an Ares and the Helios to have all the variants of LRs out right now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts