Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when I do things, Warhammer for example, I'll get really big into it. After I spend hundreds of dollars, I will get home and start going hard on it, but after a while I'll get bored or too lazy and not continue to put my pieces together. I wanted to paint my men on the sprues, but then I realize it takes forever!! So I decide to put them together first.

It may be my extremely busy life... and on my free time I have so much to keep me occupied. I work 50-60 hours a week, then when I'm home I take care of my 9 month old son, and go to school online. I'm extremely busy!

Do you think I may be just being lazy, or do you guys think I just don't have the time?

Or am I just crazy?

·
Registered
379 Posts
From what you are describing I would say that you are simply too tired instead of lazy. Perhaps you could try to schedule your hobby time? Say an hour or 2 a day won't keep you from your regular schedule but will allow you just enough time to unwind from a bussy day. Try it, see if it works you don't need to rush things just take your time.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Then I would just advise you to assemble your models and start playing! Painting is something that you need to take your time for if you want to do it right but you can allways play with your army.

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
Try going for a run, or doing something equally physical. Try sleeping more. Try not letting yourself do something you really want to do until you do this.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problem is that I'm always either working or taking care of my son. So I never really get much chance for hobbies. Though I do get some time, I try to be as lazy as possible.

I feel like this hobby was probably not the best idea. I do this kind of things a lot.

I feel really crappy, because even if I were to get everything done I doubt I would ever play it. My son is an attention hog, and when he's not I'm working or trying my best to sleep for the few hours I do get.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Your life sounds way to busy to be speinding hours painting figures. I don't usually say this, but you may need to pause the hobby until something changes. Either you finish the school work you are doing, your son gets a little older, or you are doing less hours at work.

·
Thordis
2,438 Posts
Your life sounds way to busy to be speinding hours painting figures. I don't usually say this, but you may need to pause the hobby until something changes. Either you finish the school work you are doing, your son gets a little older, or you are doing less hours at work.
^this pretty much there is a lot of important stuff you have to do and after some time things will get better. especialy when whatever school you do is done

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the bit of advice. I will try my best to finish and ill post them on here ASAP!

·
Registered
533 Posts
You could just go for a small, elite army with few models- why not just put together an elite 1000 point list? Play with that and when you have time work on some more units, but don't worry too much about getting them finished, just paint them at your leisure. What are you working on at the moment?

A reasonably efficient paint scheme could be a priority too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm currently not working on anything. The time I talk on here I'm on my lunch break at work or preparing to go to work.

When I get off work I usually have a paper to write for school, and even after that my son is extremely demanding. So he has to have attention or he freaks out. He is only 9 months after all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am exactly the same. I don't have school though. But I do have a dog who gets a 40 min walk everyday. I find it frustrating that I bought a lot of models before my little 1 came a long and haven't been able to finish them. Finding time for yourself is never easy, never mind the hobby.
So my approach is going to be glue all models I do have together and play when I can and paint them in my spare time. Like this weekend is bank holiday. I might have a free hour or 2.
It is hard but there must be some light at the end. Hope your little 1 is doing ok :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts