Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a couple of pictures of the work I've been doing today on my new Stompa, making it into a Kustom Stompa with Krusha Ball. As some of you might know, I'm a big fan of the metal band Megadeth, so I decided I'd base my Stompa loosely around their mascot, Vic Rattlehead.

Stompa_1.jpg

Stompa_2.jpg

Stompa_6.jpg

Stompa_5.jpg

The trademark steel plate, chains and mouth staples of Rattlehead are done with card and paper clips respectively. Easy enough!

Stompa_3.jpg

The arm apparatus for the Krusha Ball (or as I like to call it, the Wreckin' Rig) is formed of three hollow metal poles fed through three holes drilled into the Stompa's body through the area around the arm socket. Bits of sprue are added as reinforcement (they don't actually hold it together - just provide a bit more decoration).

Stompa_4.jpg

The Wrecka Ball itself is fairly simple -a bit of jeweller's chain to suspend it, and then the ball itself is a tennis ball with the outer shell removed and covered in card and plastic bits of sprue, spikes, or whatever I had to hand. A paper clip loop stuck through the top gives it a loop to hang by.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
I look forward to seeing this painted. The only thing that leaps out to me is the jewellers chain. It's way too regular and skinny. I can only imagine what the chain for a stompa's chain mace might look like . . . Some sort of rough, angular anchor chain comes to mind, but much chunkier.

Otherwise I think this is working nicely.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Looking really good I think this will look great when all painted up.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stompa_7.jpg

Not really much of an update, but it's been undercoated at least.

Is it tasteful to put a naked Ork with a tongue to shame Gene Simmons on the Krusha Ball?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts