Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I take kroq gar or an oldblood
kroq is pretty expensive but you can put him in 15 cold ones and that's a core choice he also causes double combat res (like kurt helburg) which is amazing against undead or demons but only 3+ armour and 5 attacks
My oldblood has 1+ armour and 6 attacks with blade of realities (killed archaon before) and is a good 200 points cheaper (they both have carnosaurs by the way)
Another type of oldblood has 9 attacks 1+ armour and 2+ ward against flaming attacks he is also on carnosaur

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
I'm also in the same position as you. I feel that Kroq-Gar is awesome but is on his own already more than 25% of your points in a 2000pt army, so I'm pinning the arms on the model, using it as an Oldblood, then if one day I up my points I can use him as Kroq-Gar.

Grish

·
Registered
534 Posts
Not to throw a spanner in the works but if u r playing with the cold blooded ones I dnt see why you arent takin a slann. They are the one big advantage the army has with the right set-up, taking an old blood pretty much removes any chance of a slann in anything but large (2500+) battls. Take the slann every time

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
If I'm playing a combat army I take the oldblood if I play a magic army I take a slann
Regardless, the Slann is a better choice. Having a Level 4 adds much to your defense against enemy magic (+4 to dispel) and on their own they can be capable of pulling off a pretty good magic phase. Much better deal than a combat character, who might be sniped off by the new BRB spells, or be otherwise useless because Lizardmen don't really need a General's Ld.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts