Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would think, logically, after recieving gifts from the Tau for as long as the Kroot have been allies with them, I wouldnt be surprised in the least if there was a loyal Kroot Shaper gifted with a battlesuit - of course change so that it could fit a Shaper's battle strategy

I acctually put this together last year, just wondering if it was a waste of time, if it could use some improvements, or someone would lie through their teeth and tell me it aint half bad

well here ya go
[[I know I did a horrible job with the green stuff, last year it was one of my first times using the stuff - but this would be easy to re-make and more properly]]

Free Image Hosting [xs.to]

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Cool! I like the idea, a lot, in fact. I'll have to steal it. :victory:

Perhaps add quills and trophies to the outside, like the Carnivore spure has a lot of cool stuff. the capes and meat racks and pistols?

-Dirge

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you end up expiramenting with one, please post it up - im acctually shocked your interested, I tried showing it a year ago on another forum and i was smacked with silence, I'm not even sure if I remember where I put him, but easy as hell to re-make

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Nice concept. You could maybe put some spines on the helmet and claws to the feet just to make it look a little more feril looking.

·
Registered
128 Posts
id say thats the trick with doing any conversion for kroot, make it look feral and a little less high tech. more heavily armored too as kroot like to get up close.

Im drawing this from just seeing when a mate of mine has done ork conversions and made 'eavy armour' The model needs tweaking, but its a very good idea. Allways experiment thats my moto. (its not i just felt it seemed a good place to use it)

·
Registered
29 Posts
the best thing is that you can use them as battle suits all GW need to do is create a kroot lord and you can have an army of just kroot!

·
Registered
811 Posts
theres only one problem with this conversion that I can see.

It does not scream "KROOT" like it should I dont know anything about these models, but in any place that you could possibly remove armor plates I would place furs or trophys (like maybe tyranid carapace as a tasset or a spaulder would be sweet) also, making the head seem less technological or an older model than the current suits would be cool. also, he can't use the jet pack (if you intend to use the model as a shaper) so why not remove that and use it for another conversion.

they wouldn't give the best equipment to the kroot, they would give him the hand-me-downs.

lastly, I bet the kroot that recieved it would paint it with all sorts of tribal decorations as well as not take super care of it, nor maintain it, so it's probably be really dirty and scratched.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thats true, engelus you made some really good points and i think if its done like that it could look amazing. With the plates rusted and dented.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
theres only one problem with this conversion that I can see.

It does not scream "KROOT" like it should I dont know anything about these models, but in any place that you could possibly remove armor plates I would place furs or trophys (like maybe tyranid carapace as a tasset or a spaulder would be sweet) also, making the head seem less technological or an older model than the current suits would be cool. also, he can't use the jet pack (if you intend to use the model as a shaper) so why not remove that and use it for another conversion.

they wouldn't give the best equipment to the kroot, they would give him the hand-me-downs.

lastly, I bet the kroot that recieved it would paint it with all sorts of tribal decorations as well as not take super care of it, nor maintain it, so it's probably be really dirty and scratched.
yeah i've been contemplating alot of all this already - but removing the jet packs? that would leave the suit looking disfigured

And I would argue that the Tau would give *certain* kroot shapers that've not only proved their battle skills but his/her loyalty some state-of-the-art technology, they've never expressed themselves to be short or limited on supplies, just as a young/small Empire

This conversion was more meant to be a complete blueprint before I made any drastic changes and basically get the point accross, thanks for the tips though

·
Registered
811 Posts
I had another idea, you could nab a bunch of sensors from other suits or broadsides and put them in a brushed back mowhawk so they are more remenescent of the spines on the kroot.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
With your greenstuff, make sure youre mixing it correctly. In your picture it looks like its still blue and yellow. mix it til it is a consistent green. wet your fingers to keep it from sticking to you.

its a great concept, so go for it.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
A more practical comment--

It looks like your green stuff has not completely been mixed. Until you get the hang of it, I'd suggest the following steps when working with green stuff.

1. Take equal parts yellow and blue epoxy.
2. Hold equal parts under the tap. Leave the water running.
3. Start kneading the two together until you get a color close to foundation Knarloc Green.
4. Get a small cup for water. Keep the green stuff in the water until you apply it to the model.
5. Your sculpting tool needs to be about as wet as a paintbrush, as do your fingers. Otherwise, it'll start sticking. You won't even need glue when it's mixed properly, although glued green stuff is extremely durable.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
im pretty sure thats not how the suits work, i beleive the pilot is entirely encased in the body, and the 'head' is just a sensor mounting that relays information to a screen infront of the pilot, or something to that extent. again i may be wrong, but thats how i see it as working

·
Registered
128 Posts
i think your right OXC if you look at the size of the models then having a kroot head on it would look really our of proportion, but kroot up and bash about the existing head, and it would look okay id reacon

1 - 20 of 22 Posts