Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, i'll be picking up 2 sets of AoBR Orks the Saturday and decided to do my army as a Freebooter "type" army, with a Western/Steampunkish theme(think Trigun). I ordered an AoBR Warboss to start my army last week, and started on him.

Warboss Kwikdraw concept:

Beginnings of Warboss Kwikdraw:

Still gotta lotta work ta do. May go back to the "tall hat". Might change gatlin Pistol to a Uge' Revolver

Also started designing my Big Mek:

The SAG fires Snotling "bullits"

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
They look a little on the 'too cool for school' side for orks, if that makes sense. I never would have thought of steampunks and orks together, but that may just be me :)

It's a really original idea though, and your modelling is top notch. Will look forward to seeing more!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Pure win, keep it up! +rep.

I am thinking of doing a guy with a nice cowboy/wide brimmed traveling hat, so I'm glad to see examples of it in other peoples work so I can get an idea of how I'm going to do it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
that is awesome!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
These are epic. :) Have you played Stranger's Wrath (Xbox, I think)? The concept sketch of the warboss reminds me of that game... anyway, great work!

·
Registered
111 Posts
i reckon the first hat looks better.. nice work on the poncho though... my old warboss "Clint Orkwood" was similar... poncho.. hat.. cigar... and the two guns on his back cut in half and positioned near his belt as holstered guns.. arms positioned and using shooter boy hands to make it look like he is about to draw for his guns... top work though... look forward to seeing some more!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Almost done...lowerd PK arm(like sketch), started working on Revolva. Still need to work a bit mo' on da Revolva and add jaw plate. Still thinkin about the cigar,lol.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I like the first hat rendition the best. Awesome idea, and the revolver is a sweet touch.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts