Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason, whenever I buy a pot of Kommando Khaki, it always comes watery and thin, and doesn't cover very well at all, especially over darker colours. Do reaper or vallejo make a good equivalent?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Khaki is a very weak paint, which means i love it for certain purposes. :)

The Vallejo on is better but still not awesome.

TBH i'd grab a base shade thats close and paint over with khaki. I'm leaning towards Dheneb Stone but I haven't painted khaki in a long while so can't say for sure [IIRC I used Graveyard Earth.]

·
Registered
361 Posts
Think he wants the khaki colour though, rather than using it as a highlight. It will go over desert yellow but there will be a colour shift I would think.

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
It's not one of your choices listed, but I have a preference for the Delta Americana line of acrylic paint- It covers well and it relatively inexpensive compared to the "specialized" model paints. It also comes in a WIDE variety of colors (Larger sekection than Reaper or Vallejo) and is available at most craft/hardware stores (Like Home Depot).

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Reaper has several similar things. There's a Khaki triad, although I've also found that either of their bone triads works quite well in place of it as well. Aged Bone is very similar; if you prefer a slightly yellower khaki, Worn Ivory is a better color.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, I picked up a couple of the reaper and vallejo colours, as well as the P3 option that a friend recommended. I'm going to try them tomorrow, but I'll also give your recommendation a whirl mariachi.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts