Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else read these books. Thought they were execllent, i love Reynolds stlye of writing, he is not afraid to have his books end badly for the good guys and main charctors. The ending to Knights of the Realm was very refreshing then just the standerd "good guys pwn all" apporch that is takin at times, and the final battle between The grail knight (cant spell his name) and the chaos cheiften was epic. They also did a good job of showing the true colors of the nobles of brettnnia, a group of pride filled and arrogant glory hunters who think themselves above just about everyone else. And the short times when the persprctive changed to the Empire ambassador showed the huge diffences between the two land (and the line that made me laugh "Dieter had decided that he hated Bretonnia." it just came out of no were in the middle of a battle. Very good placement.)

Almost made me want to start a bretonnain army...then 8th ed came and killed that dream. Im also excited for new omnibus, sad we have to wait till april though. Heres to pre-order.:biggrin:

So any other opainains?

Edit-well great seems this has already been done and i missed it... o well anyone stiil got something to say?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had concerns that the protagonist's attitudes to the peasantry would be watered down to make them more sympathetic. My fears were unfounded. Reynolds managed to keep the characters reasonably sympathetic while ensuring they remained the arrogant, knightly asshats we all know and love.

The first novel ticks all the boxes for me in terms of pacing, character development, world portrayal, and action . It's a very well-round book, plus the Grail Knight was simply kwel. The second entry in series made much less of an impression though. All I can recall is that it featured pegasus mounted knights and Norscans. If there's a third book, I haven't read it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts