Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Heretics!

With the new WHFB starter coming with all these High Elves I thought I would start with my Eldar army. I have wondered what would be best to play and what would be the greatest challenge to me and found that a Jetbike army is something I have never played with. And since I find the Guardian and Shining Spear minis quite bad I decided that I need to try and to better. Which lead me to the idea of:

Knightly Eldar

Now with rumors that there will be plastic Dragon Princes, White Lions and Swordmasters I realised that with the Reavers and Sea Guards from the new box, and some Dragon Princes I could build really cool "Jetbikers".

One problem I have is trying to make the three tanks, two Fire Prism and one Serpent look like they belong in my Knightly army. One thing I just feel I have to do is place LED lights on the tanks, in weapons and under them so they glow as I play with them. I am not compleatly sure on how to do this and would what some help.

Any good sites that you know of for LED lights and adding them to minis?
And how would I be able to make the tanks look more "knightly"?

Best Regards
Menthorn

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
I've not seen LED's in Eldar tanks before, but there is plenty of room in the chasis to make this feasable. The only problem I can see if that the turrent would have to remain fixed to the vehicle I think.

We have a tutorial here on heresy reagrding LED's so that may be a good place to start looking
http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3324

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link! I will try to get the stuff I need for it, I am thinking of placing a LED in the Prism for the new FP. Would look really cool if I get it to work.

Thoughts on the Concept as a whole?

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
Actually sounds like a cool idea- sort of like the Wildriders, but with a more Exodite flair. Instead of grav-tanks have you actually considered using High Elf Dragons with "40k-ish" riders?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have thought of having Drakes instead of Jetbikes for the army; but couldn't find any good drakes.

Dragons instead of Prism's sounds kind of cool but for this army I think I will use the Fire Prism mini, for the fun when I have added all the lights to it if nothing else.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
I do like the idea of using the lights in Eldar tanks and Im looking forward to seeing the results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts