Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgeworld Kit - Knight Lancer
Release date: Q3 2014
Fills a FAST ATTACK slot in an Imperial Knight Detachment

Lancer Kit Description
More posable than the plastic kit.
Very slightly smaller than the Paladin/Errant.
Reverse jointed legs - seen on the EPIC model.
Main central hull is narrower than Paladin/Errant.
Shoulderpads cover more of the arms vertically, similar to a Astartes shoulderpad, as opposed to the more horizontal design of the Paladin/Errant's shoulderpads.
Lancer's head is more prominent in the design.
Thruster jets on the lower back of central hull.
Single central exhaust stack on the upper back of the central hull.
Mounts on a standard flyer oval base.

Weapons
Arm 1) Fist with an integral flamer weapon
Arm 2) Large previously unseen cannon (the Lance apparently)
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/03/40k-rumors-knight-lancer.html

·
Closet Dictator
3,431 Posts
excellent news, i'm looking forward to more knight goodness before making my decision to get one, a cookie of course for your find

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Thanks for reporting this :)

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Nah im not buying it, considering the number of units they have shifted for this release of knights,i dont see them just handing future knights off to forgeworld, plus the description lacks anything concrete other than they are basing it on the epic model, which lets face it pretty much everything is anyway, i could equally describe a forgeworld warden model as a bulky wider than the paladin, carapace mounted large cannon and cannons for arms, fits in the heavy slot for knights, heavy armour on the carapace and legs similar to the epic model etc etc.

I think GW will keep knights in house and possibly develop them further, they are a great model and its amazing to see them in grey plastic at 40k scale, if i were to expect anything from FW for the knights it would be variant armour plates and possibly heresy era weapons, all the armour plates are separate sections,so it would be fairly easy for forgeworld to CAD up some flash armour sections for different houses etc.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i could equally describe a forgeworld warden model as a bulky wider than the paladin, carapace mounted large cannon and cannons for arms, fits in the heavy slot for knights, heavy armour on the carapace and legs similar to the epic model etc etc.
Steady on, if you're not careful, that'll be a new 'official' rumour by the end of the day :grin:

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I think GW will keep knights in house and possibly develop them further, they are a great model and its amazing to see them in grey plastic at 40k scale, if i were to expect anything from FW for the knights it would be variant armour plates and possibly heresy era weapons, all the armour plates are separate sections,so it would be fairly easy for forgeworld to CAD up some flash armour sections for different houses etc.
Eh....sort of disagree, I can see them releasing many version of the same knights as 'upgrade' sprues, while releasing different style knights through FW, i.e. the Lancer through FW, a Warden 'upgrade' through GW.

·
Closet Dictator
3,431 Posts
Nah im not buying it, considering the number of units they have shifted for this release of knights,i dont see them just handing future knights off to forgeworld, plus the description lacks anything concrete other than they are basing it on the epic model, which lets face it pretty much everything is anyway,

Don't kill my buzz bits!:laugh:

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Dont get me wrong im not saying they wont do a lancer, im saying i dont see GW handing it over to FW to do, more likely that they will do it themselves based on how popular of a release this has been, though in all honesty i have been banging on for years about how GW should stop messing about and start taking "risks" and give people what they want which is pretty much anything in the GW back catalogue but in plastic, im a huge fan of forgeworld but cards on the table nobody would take resin over a plastic super kit, im an eldar fan to the core, but even im struggling not to buy a knight to paint up at this point because the kit is so good, given that level of appeal i cant see them letting FW have at them for anything other than upgrades and armour varients.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
weeble (for lack of a better word)
I think it all comes down to the question of this whole "forgeworld becoming mainstream" gubbins,
if it will do so and will then be purchasable from shops then it's quite possible it will be coming from FW,
if not then I can't see it being FW partly due to the reasons you mentioned as well as cheeseplants

1 - 9 of 9 Posts