Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kneel before me Marine!

By Viscount Vash

This tecnique should allow you to pose marine legs in almost any position you might want, sitting, riding a bike and others.

what do you need?

Craft knife, pin vice drill, razor saw, superglue, modelling putty(Green Stuff), paperclip(brass rod), Marine legs and cutting board.(Oh! Also Emery paper not pictured.)

Stage1

First remove the legs from the sprue and as always clean up any mold lines, using the modelling knife and if necessary a file or emery paper. Also, remove any extra details around the kneepads.

Stage2

Using the razor saw, carefully separate the legs into pieces. Cut it at the knee joints preserving the kneepads (I found cutting with the knife the best way to keep curve on the underside of the pad). Remove all of the ribbed areas that are left after the cutting process with the knife. These will be replaced later with greenstuff. I also cut along the line on his right foot (with the knife) so I could 'bend' it. So you should now have a pile of bits that look like so.

Stage3

You now need to drill a hole right through his 'grundies' at about the point the hip joints would be, so that you can put the rod through right through. Then bend it like the picture below (do not glue) .

Stage4

Drill the other leg parts so that you can thread them on to the rod (do not glue) .

Stage5

Bend the rod about until you have a position you are happy with. Once sorted glue in place. Now you can cut the toe part of his foot to an angle that suits his position and glue that and the knee pads on too.

Stage6

Now its Green stuff time! Fill in any gaps with small amounts of GS, using your (wet) knife to make any areas ribbed. Try to get any joins onto armoured parts as smooth as possible as GS is not easy to sand after it has dried (If your using Milliput lol coz you can sand, drill and carve but then drying times are longer).

Stage7

Now you are into the final clean up stage, It does'nt matter how careful you were you might well find you have to bulk out his knee pads with GS (I did).

Put the rest of your Marine together and you are ready to paint. Here is a couple of finished examples.

Hope that this is of some use.

Vash

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
:D has been ages since I saw this helpful tutorial....the memories :mrgreen:

·
Registered
66 Posts
this looks cool i would love to do this myself could u show mw a way to do it without using rods or gs plz?

·
Registered
7 Posts
this looks cool i would love to do this myself could u show mw a way to do it without using rods or gs plz?
Instead of using rods you could just glue each piece to the next but it makes it harder to make the overall shape and it's a lot more fiddly. You'll almost certainly take a lot longer too, since you'll need to assemble a bit at a time and let it dry or you'll inevitably alter one joint while trying to glue the next.

Not using greenstuff is harder. You need to fill in the gaps somehow, and GS is ideal since you can texture it to look like the original concertina ribbing.

What do you have against GS?

·
Tactless Tactician
1,166 Posts
See, this is how I know I spend too much damn money... because I have enough kneeling Devastator legs to cover this... :crazy:

·
Registered
106 Posts
awsome that has solved so many problems

·
Registered
40 Posts
The last one is proof that britney spears really is evil!

The pigtails really made me chuckle.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
awesome but will it work with crisis suit arms and legs(im fed up with bent arms and straight legs!)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts