Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a tournament upcoming at the end of this month (Lords of Terra) which means I need to paint a lot of guys for my Tyranid army in under 2 weeks! I just got my bases in and have been working on some stuff before this but due to work and my thesis I'm a bit behind. Thought I'd keep my progress checked here and see how we go! The list is as follows:

HQ -
Tyrant w/BS & LW, Paroxysm, Leech Life, HVC, Old Adversery
Tyrant Guard w/LW

Elites -
3x2x Hive Guard

Troops -
2x11x Termagants
2x Tervigon w/Catalyst, Onslaught, Adrenal, Toxin, Cluster Spines

Fast Attack -
3x Raveners w/Rending Claws

Heavy Support -
2x Tyrannofex w/Rupture Cannon, Cluster Spines, thorax swarm (one with S5 template one with 2+ template)

Atm I've got 10 gants + 1 tervigon "completed" with around 20-30 gants half done and everything else needing work + the bases (and most importantly only one t-fex and tervigon fully converted so need to finish up the 2nd tervigon and do the 2nd t-fex). A lot of work ahead of me...I expect cheering on.

So, here's my trial gant (won't take a pic of them until they are mass completed), T-Fex conversion unpainted and Tervigon mostly painted (need to touch up and do highlights on talons). It won't be my best work due to the speedy nature of my painting but going for a very organic and rough look (those of you who know my other painting will know I prefer a very clean and stylised look) but I think it fits the Tyranids.

Trial Gant:

T-Fex Conversion (which has added tendons since these pics):

And the Tervigon (hard to see the egg sac from these pics as legs in way, can take an underside pic if requested):

·
Registered
344 Posts
Interesting start you got going there, went for the big guns right off the bat. Nice.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay so here's the full 1750 army all painted minus the extra gants (they only got 3 colors rather than the full paintjob). I'm impressed with myself at the speed with which I painted this army and whilst some touch-ups are needed (some paint wore off during the tournament as I didn't seal them) and still need to add snow to some of the bases, this army is pretty much done for this points level! Here are some army shots and close-ups of some of my models (I really love my Tervigon on the left) and if anyone has an requests (like of the Tervigon eggsacs/birthcanals) fire them off.

Also there were some comments before on the bases in relation to them lacking some color or detail so one of the T-Fexes at the back has a nice base just to compare to a primed only base :). Enjoy and feedback welcome!

Army Shots:

Hive Tyrant & Guard:

Tervigons:

Raveners & T-Fex:

Termgants & group shots:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I really liked your colour scheme, as simple as it is, Green and White is an awesome combination! :D
Great contrast, great paint job, great models!
Well done ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts