Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just discovered kill teams in the 4th Ed BRB and think I'll have a go at it but I've got a question or two, that I can't work out.

1) can Kill teams split up?
2) can kill team members shoot at different targets?
3) can kill teams consist of more than one unit?
4) Can Bosses have more than two wounds?
5) Can Bosses come from outside of the basic troop choice for brutes?
6) With Tyrinids the brute choice seems to be Termagaunts, and the Boss is a mutant Termagaunt? what is this?

Thanks for the help in advance.

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
I've just discovered kill teams in the 4th Ed BRB and think I'll have a go at it but I've got a question or two, that I can't work out.

1) can Kill teams split up? No
2) can kill team members shoot at different targets? No
3) can kill teams consist of more than one unit? They can take models from different units but the kill team counts as one unit.
4) Can Bosses have more than two wounds? not sure
5) Can Bosses come from outside of the basic troop choice for brutes?not sure
6) With Tyrinids the brute choice seems to be Termagaunts, and the Boss is a mutant Termagaunt? what is this? not sure

Thanks for the help in advance.
The not sures are because it's been awhile since I've read over the rules and it's to early in the morning for me to dig out my old rulebook, sorry. I may find the answers latter if no one else comes up with them for you.

The Kill Team rules from 4th Ed. are awesome but the Kill Team is one unit that stays together and shoots/fights the same target. The rules for Kill Teams from the Battle Missions book make every model it's own unit. It might be cool to combine the 2 rules sets. In the end it's your game do what's cool with you.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Capt'n I re-read the section last night and has come to some of the same conclusions but it's good to get some confirmations.
I'm still interested in the answers to 4-6 and I also have another
7) A Klaxon is given away every time the Kill team shoots. Is this one klaxon per for every shooter? or one for the kill teams shooting round?

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
Sorry I can't answer your other questions, I just loaned my 4th Ed. Rulebook to a friend tonight. I'm hoping me and him will start some kill team missions in between full games of 40k.

I'm pretty sure the answer to you last question, 1 Klaxon for a round of shooting not for individual shooters.

Hope someone else who likes the old kill team rules will be able to answer your other question.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's OK thanks for the input. I haven't actually played any Kill team yet and don't have the Battle reports book so haven't got a clue about the latest version of Kill team. Hopefully I'll have a game or two on the weekend.

Any way have some Rep for the help.

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
The Battle Missions rules are basicly more like Combat Patrols, it's Kill Team against Kill Team. They didn't do the Kill Team vs. Brutes & Boss and all the special gear + sneaking rules. The only good thing about them is that each model acts independantly and you can give 3 models USRs.

I'm going to work on combining the 2 into a playable system, after I get my friends into playing the 4th Ed. version.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hm, I have the last two revisions of the Tyrinid codex but 3rd is a bit far back for me I'll look into it though.

On another note, I haven't actually played yet but did some play tests last night and found that it seems like the brute team is going to have a tough time of it. Using 12 Fire warriors in a kill team against Tyranids is going to inflict between two and three unsaved wounds in a shooting round. Considering that a squad that becomes aware isn't fully activated untill it's next turn half of the time it won't even get to shoot back with it's sole survivor.
- So for those of you out there that have played the 4th Ed. Kill team how does it play? how often dose the Brute squad win? does it ever do anything more than slow the Kill team down?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts