Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it dosn't say in the battle missions book on kill teams weither you can "pick or choose" certain soliders to form a kill team. example i saw a sm list like, a dev sarg, 2 scout snipers, 5 man tac squad 1 melta, 1 missile. is that legal or do you follow to norm rules for kill teams like the sarges not getting options till u get a full squad of marines?

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
There are 2 different versions of the kill team rules. One in the 4th Ed. big rulebook and the other in Battle Missions.

The 4th ed. rules allowed you to pick from different units but it gave your oppenent more pts.

In Battle Missions it doesn't say you can.

The 4th ed. rules were far more detailed and I think most would agree better. If your really interested in kill team type games it'd be worth trying to find the older rules.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my local hobby store is running a few kill team tourneys using the newer battle missions rules. im trying to figure this out. dosn't say you can or can't, so im quite unsure. id ask but my hobby store is quite far away.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
you can't you follow the same resrictions as normal in that ou must tka ethe whole unit and not just say "I'll take a sereagent from each unit" or "I'll take the termintors but not the sergeant as i don't wan the power sword"
SPace amrines will not even be able to try this. Tau, Eldar etc pay per modal points wise but Marines costs goe like this "Unit x + y per extra man, + z upgrades" So they have to pay for the 5 man unit first before they cna tka anythign else.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I personally liked the 4th ed rules better as well it kinda added to that RP factor and allowed you some creativity

·
Registered
381 Posts
i kinda like the new rules in battle missions as you can take models from different units without penalties cos as long as its within 0-1 elites 0-2 troops and 0-1 fast attack and 200 points its grand

1 - 6 of 6 Posts