Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I recently played a 1500 point tournament that allowed an individual to field 3 HQ choices. I faced two blood angels list that day. I was running a 1500 point all khorne army list. My hqs' were Kharn and a DP. I had three troop choices of 8 man berserker squads, each squad had a rhino. I had a landraider a predator and a vindicator. My question is how are people dealing with Mephiston, Dante, and Sanguinor. One BA player I faced had all three in his list. I came up with a few answers on how to deal with them but I would really like to know some of the strategies other people have come up with. Kharn got his miniskulls cut off by dante's death mask and then sanguinor chose Kharn to reroll everything against. Mephiston does whatever he wants. How are people stopping these guys. I would really appreciate any help. My area seems to have many Blood angels players.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Mass Lascannons, meltaguns and plasma against mephiston...thats pretty much it for chaos.

Dante isnt all that hard in combat he is a buff character for your army, jst stick your demon prince in combat with him and you should win.

Sanguinor....I dont know Ive never used or seen him used.

**** Luck
CS

·
Registered
70 Posts
The only luck I've had killing the Sanguinor is with massed fire. He is T4 so I use a lot of basic anti infantry guns to put more wounds on him than he can reasonably save. Takes an awful lot of shots to put the gold-plated Twilight wannabe down in under two turns though.
Mephiston is a prime target for massed plasma weapons, my gambit would be multiple units of Chosen in Rhinos, waving 4 plasma guns each. If he's running around with a unit you'll need to get rid of it, but that's not something the Chaos list lacks options for.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Mephistons weakness is that he cannot join units and that he has no invulnerable save so demon princes will have a good go at him and ap 1 and 2 weapons will do him in

·
Registered
491 Posts
Oblit plasma templates on their units if they are in any, or vindicator /defiler artillery if you can swing it. For the T4 models, Gift of chaos might be a rewarding gamble. As for the beast that is Mephiston, rapid-fire plasma, chosen with meltaguns and other tricks are all i can think of. Odds are he will get to trounce one of your units, so gather your big guns around to nail him once he drops out of CC.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Next time play agianst Nurgle, hahahaha:grin:

No, but serious heres an idea. Your berserkers have the rage rule right? Use the land raider to get them as close as possible, and then let them loose upon the foe. While he's dealing with that, move your other guys in for range damage, that way your guys take less fire charging across the field and also you can score some hits with your ranged combat sqauds.

Did you try fielding some Khorne daemons, are those actually allowed in the Chaos space marines army listing???

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the response so far. It took two turns from my landraider to bring down the sanguinor. I was able to bring down mephiston with a combination of lascannon shots and an assualt from kharn and a berserker sqaud. I lost most of the squad but was able to keep kharn alive so dante could kill him the next turn. Dante's death mask only effects ICs' so I am going to field atleast two DPs' if I know I am going to face blood angels. I like the Idea of going after Mephiston with a power weapon carrying squad. Maybe a squad of termies with IOT. Obliterators are definitely worth a try. Thanks for everyones Ideas and it seems the overall best way to deal with these guys is mass bolter fire and AP 1 and 2 weaponry. I should have known. Back to basics for me.

·
Registered
592 Posts
And just for the record, don't try to throw a Daemon Prince into Mephiston. That rarely ends well ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts