Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a good strategy against SM and Nids' when you're playing with a Khorne Army. It is usually around a 1,000 pts. I have a chaos lord with jump pack and blood feeder some khorne berzerkers and squads of CSM's with Meltas and Plasma guns. I also have a rhino 5 havocs with las cannons and Missile Launchers. Please post some suggestions.. Thanks..

P.S. my army list is here: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5970

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Well, for SMs you need to get the charge in on them and stomp them in melee...
For Nids you'll need to do the opposite, letting them come to you while you pepper them with bolter fire, and again you stomp them in mêlée.

Just make sure you get any plasma, vehicles, rending units, and TMC's off the table before you engage fully in mêlée.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would agree that you need to get some rhinos into this list. The berserkers won't ever get into cc if you let them walk there, they're just too much of a threat to not get plasma'd to death before they get there. looking at your list, if you dropped the bikers then you'd have space for ~3 rhinos. Assuming you add these to your list, here's what I would do against space marines. First turn: Move your rhinos forward and pop some smoke launchers. Second turn, move forward some more and unload. Third turn, pray you're in charge range so you don't get plasma in your eyes.
Against the 'nids, use the rhinos to route things like genestealers so they don't hit your lines without getting shot, and keep shooting all of them with everything you've got until they get close, then counter charge with the khornates.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts