Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the new year approaching and my 2k Black Legion nearing completion im looking to build a new list in response to my bros new GK force.

My idea is to take up the challenge from the GK with a Khorne themed list with as much AP2 as possible ( to counter the termi / dreadknight armour ) but with a prerequisite to use 'new' units/models to my personal collection, which at the minute stands at Terminator Lord, Terminators, Heldrakes, Forgefiends, Predator, Helbrutes, Aegis and comms relay and standard CSM.

Right, onto the list... (1503)

HQ - 425 Points

Daemon Prince of Khorne
Power armour
Wings
AoBF
Gift of mutation

Kharn the Betrayer

Elites - 449 Points ( i know i have these models already but cant see a better option)

Terminators x5
Combi-plasma x5
Champ with Chainfist
Power axe x4
Mark of Khorne

( + Dedicated transport )

Landraider
SS TL Lascannons x2
Heavy bolter
Dirge caster

Troops - 104 Points

Cultists x10
Champ with Shotgun

Cultists x10
Champ with Shotgun

Fast Attack - 150 Points

Raptors x5
Champ with Combi-plasma, Melta-bombs
Plasma gun x2
Mark of Khorne

Heavy Support - 375 Points

Vindicator
Combi-bolter
Demolisher cannon

Vindicator
Combi-bolter
Demolisher cannon

Maulerfiend
Magma-cutters

The basic tactic is for Kharn and the Termis to roll up to the danger in the Landraider and its dirgecaster ready to charge, with the maulerfiend using the LR for cover until the right moment to charge and destroy, the Raptors will also advance with their Plasma threat along with The Daemon prince... the Vindicators will need clever initial deployment to keep the Demolisher cannons in range to support the advancing units. The cultists having no serious dakka threat are to me a distraction unit / objective takers, tho could act as bubble wrap should the GK deepstrike.

To myself (albeit a novices opinion) the list / tactic doesn't sound too shabby, tho no Anti-air is something that stands out to me as a possible flaw, especially as ive been used to running two Heldrakes!.... however as always id appreciate any views, opinions, criticisms from other gamers out there.

Cheers and Merry Christmas!!

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Daemon Prince of Khorne
Power armour
Wings
AoBF
Gift of mutation
I'd probably want the Burning Brand of Skalathrax instead to really put the pain on PAGK (and given that GK will beat up a Daemon Prince on the ground, you'll want to stay Swooping which is ideal for the Burning Brand).

Kharn the Betrayer
Very nasty.

Terminators x5
Combi-plasma x5
Champ with Chainfist
Power axe x4
Mark of Khorne

( + Dedicated transport )

Landraider
SS TL Lascannons x2
Heavy bolter
Dirge caster
AV14 is very hard for GK to deal with at range, but I'd be wary of a Dreadknight shunting to block it's movement and charging to destroy it in the next turn, leaving the Terminators vulnerable to GK's anti-infantry firepower.

Cultists x10
Champ with Shotgun

Cultists x10
Champ with Shotgun
GK will take these guys apart in no time at all, but if you just want mans to sit in cover, you could do a lot worse.

Raptors x5
Champ with Combi-plasma, Melta-bombs
Plasma gun x2
Mark of Khorne
If Deep-Striking, a reasonable sacrificial unit, but bear in mind that GK can take 5 MEQs apart very quickly from 24".

Vindicator
Combi-bolter
Demolisher cannon

Vindicator
Combi-bolter
Demolisher cannon
Very obvious psycannon fodder, I fear - a Dreadknight shunting into the side armour will very easily disable or destroy them, so it depends on how many Psycannons your opponent brings.

Maulerfiend
Magma-cutters
Again, Dreadknight bait - he'll just take you apart with 4 WS5 Str10 AP2 attacks.

Ultimately, it'll be mean against an all-Terminator list that tries to Deep Strike, but I have misgivings about it's capabilities against a Grey Knight list that deploys, shunts some Dreadknights in to destroy that Land Raider, then fills you full of bullets on the way in. That said, one you get into combat your chances are good; GK aren't brilliant at killing Terminators if they get into combat, and Kharn can rip and tear through squads (watch out for challenges against dudes with good Invulns though - 5+ Invuln and 3 wounds won't last you long against a Brother-Captain with Falchions and Hammerhand or a Daemonhammer).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
'd probably want the Burning Brand of Skalathrax instead to really put the pain on PAGK (and given that GK will beat up a Daemon Prince on the ground, you'll want to stay Swooping which is ideal for the Burning Brand).
The BBoS is a tasty weapon, but with it being AP3 i didnt think it would have the necessary punch against the GK terminators.

AV14 is very hard for GK to deal with at range, but I'd be wary of a Dreadknight shunting to block it's movement and charging to destroy it in the next turn, leaving the Terminators vulnerable to GK's anti-infantry firepower.
I believe my bro will be running two Dread-knights so this is something ill have to be wary of, tho the idea is to have that many units that have AP2 capability that he cant take them all on with the Dreads... thats the idea anyway...

GK will take these guys apart in no time at all, but if you just want mans to sit in cover, you could do a lot worse.
Exactly. These guys were my only option to stay 'bound' and still give me enough points to play with.

Very obvious psycannon fodder, I fear - a Dreadknight shunting into the side armour will very easily disable or destroy them, so it depends on how many Psycannons your opponent brings.
Again, hopefully the amount of AP2 units should be enough to confuse and distract, plus i REALLY want the Vindicator model, i think it looks awesome tbh.

Again, Dreadknight bait - he'll just take you apart with 4 WS5 Str10 AP2 attacks.
This is another model i MUST have... i run two Forgefiends atm and the models are my fav in the whole of 40k, itll be interesting the use the Maulerfiend and its very different tactics.

Ultimately, it'll be mean against an all-Terminator list that tries to Deep Strike, but I have misgivings about it's capabilities against a Grey Knight list that deploys, shunts some Dreadknights in to destroy that Land Raider, then fills you full of bullets on the way in. That said, one you get into combat your chances are good; GK aren't brilliant at killing Terminators if they get into combat, and Kharn can rip and tear through squads (watch out for challenges against dudes with good Invulns though - 5+ Invuln and 3 wounds won't last you long against a Brother-Captain with Falchions and Hammerhand or a Daemonhammer).
Always appreciate comments and advice, being a novice this really helps, thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts