Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres a couple of lists that I may be using in a battle later today. any specific advice would be helpful :D cheers

first up Tau

HQ
Shas’el w missile pod, plasma rifle targeting array and hw multitracker97
TROOPS
6 fws w pulse rifles ‘shooty death 1’ 60
6 fws w pulse rifles ‘shooty death 2’ 60
6 fws w pulse rifles ‘shooty death 3’ 60
6 fws w pulse rifles ‘shooty death 4’ 60
FAST ATTACK
4 gundrones ‘frisbees 1’ 48
4 gundrones ‘frisbees 2’ 48
Piranha w fusion blaster 65
TOTAL 499
this is a pretty basic tau list, divided into small firing squads, plenty of firepower, il use the frisbees to slow down anything particularly nasty.

now for khorne

HQ
Lord w terminator armr, mark of khorne and lightning claws 130
TROOPS
Bezerkers w skull champion 125
Bezerkers w skull champion 125
ELITES
Terminators w lightning claws 120
TOTAL 500

im not sure about tactics for this one, obviously get to cc as fast as possible without taking to many losses.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I don't know too much about chaos, but personally I would have attempted to get at least 1 unit with a good range attack, but as I said I don't know how easy that would be

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would suggest taking a Rhino or something, but that wouldn't last long enough to get close.

I'm sorry, man. I think Tau are going to walk away with this one.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just for the record, he went up against a 500pt Blood Angels list (me). With the Khorne, it was an extremely close game, and with the Tau, he trashed me.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep, yeah for games this small id drop the bezerkers and take a unit of raptors and a unit of normal csms with mark of khorne.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Tau...fun army to face with BA. I'd like to point out that a few people actually pit the two lists against each other, when he was saying that they were both his lists and he wanted to know which one to use...anyway..

Chaos I don't really like, but then I've only ever faced one Chaos player in any real battle, and he plays Khorne. Yeah..let's just say they like infantry platoons...it was bad. :shok:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts