Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We've got a Plaguetower already, and what better vehicle than the Hellhammer to demonstrate Khorne's bloodthirsty wrath? We used the Baneblade kit and planty of spare parts (even the Greater Daemon is spare parts), about 4 Skull Packs and a rearing Khorne Berserker holding a banner (not shown, awaiting paint job first). So, without further ado, I present to you:

Khorne's Fury​

Left view:
View attachment 7316

Front view:
View attachment 7317

Right view:
View attachment 7318

Rear view:
View attachment 7319

And the little details:
View attachment 7320

View attachment 7321

View attachment 7322

View attachment 7323

Sorry about the photo size btw.
Please comment!

DestroyerHive

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I was waiting for that bump!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Are they the skulls from GW, they look so affective, i'm stealing this for my land raider :D

+rep for being a Khorne-guy :D

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks friend! Yup, those are the GW skulls. A pretty good price for what you get, too. Good luck with your 'Raider!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I don't even own it yet!! :)))

Btw... is the hellhammer an actual unit in apocalypse... I'm clueless as to anything apocalypse .. But i can hope that Chaos have a baneblade Equiv :) Besides the Khorne Scorpion and Titan.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, it most certainly is! S10 AP2 10" blast from the main cannon! For only 500 points it does a heck of a lot of damage.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
As said by others, no doubt about who that works for. Only criticism is that you didn't remove the aquilas from the side plates. You did it partially on the top track plates at the front but not on the side plated. That is the only thing i would change. Other than that the mix of parts and the detailing is excellent. This will be a fantastic model when painted but i think those aquilas have to go. Can we see a close up of the demon sticking out of the turret?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As said by others, no doubt about who that works for. Only criticism is that you didn't remove the aquilas from the side plates. You did it partially on the top track plates at the front but not on the side plated. That is the only thing i would change. Other than that the mix of parts and the detailing is excellent. This will be a fantastic model when painted but i think those aquilas have to go. Can we see a close up of the demon sticking out of the turret?
Yeah, we wanted to but getting the exacto knife in there would be too hard and too risky. Plus, it looks kinda cool with the wings.

And about the Daemon, yup, here's the pic just for you:
View attachment 7331

By the way, the nice owner of my local GW store is giving us the a giant Khornate axe from the new Daemon Prince sprue, which we will use to replace Abbadon's Sword.

Thanks for the comments!
DestroyerHive

·
Registered
384 Posts
I was gonna pick on the Aquilla as well. Hehehe
But i also think you should have some skulls that have fallen (through vibration or acceleration) into cracks and crevices. Like just behind the base of the turret.
I know they love to stack their skulls, and i mean, who doesn't?, but when your cruising around in that thing, i'm sure skulls aren't gonna stay stacked.

But apart from that, this is an awesome model. +rep

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, but any more skulls and the turret won't be able to turn! and I was considering putting skulls everywhere, put it's very hard to balance.

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
Very nice work indeed! Will this beastie be showing up at the next Apocalypse brawl? And will it have a dance or two with Hjeeves? :wink:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep, I believe it will... I believe it will...

·
Registered
246 Posts
¡A SKULL FOR THE SKULL THRONE. Neat work here.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Gratias mon amigo!:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
That is one awesome piece of machinery you've got there. Have some rep.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Thanks guys! I appreciate your appretiation:biggrin:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Why don't you have the seal of the artificer?

Awesome work, i add to you reputation!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts