Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i recently got the new Khorne codex and I love it and I was wondering if there was anything Khorne and CSM khorne related I could read? also Who do the Night Lords follow for a chaos god?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Only the big four traitor legions are directly devoted to a god, the rest are undivided.

But the undivided legions may have specific warbands devoted to a particular god, even if its not followed by the main legion.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
also Who do the Night Lords follow for a chaos god?
The Night Lords, as a whole, do not follow chaos at all. Some individual or groups of Night Lords might have dedicated themselves to one god or another but they are not indicative of the legion at large.

Of the nine traitor legions, the Thousand Sons, Emperor's Children, World Eaters, and Death Guard are each dedicated to a chaos god, the Word Bearers are dedicated to the entire pantheon, and the remaining four either do not follow chaos or do so on a much lesser scale than the previous five.

There are a number of short stories and audio's that are Khorne or World Eater centric (The Wrath of Kharn, Chosen of Khorne, Howl of the Banshee, and the Butchers Nails all come to mind) and the Heresy novel 'Betrayer' is of the World Eaters during the shadow crusade which takes place in the Horus Heresy.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All very interesting! I am interested as to why the night lords don't follow a good, read they as a whole they don't have curroption or mutations in them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
All very interesting! I am interested as to why the night lords don't follow a good, read they as a whole they don't have curroption or mutations in them.
The Night Lords never really liked psyker even when they were at the emperor service...and unlike the Death Guard, they never had any personnality that inducted them into institutionnal sorcery, and Sevatar, one of their most popular 1st Captains, didn't liked mutation particularly.

After the heresy, the Night Lord were one of the legion that didn't flee straight to the Eye of the Terror. They mostly remained in imperial space and waged a war of hit and run against the imperium until their Primarch died.

After that, the legion broke, some ran to the eye, other stayed in normal space. But don't make mistake, they are corrupted, it's just that their corruption is more anarchic than in the others legions. Where chaos cult is institutionalized, like the Black Legion or the Word Bearers.

Before even being renegade, most of the Marines of the Night Lords were ancient youth criminal, and their terran brethrens where from human stock that lived in huge subterranean prison city.

All in all they are individualist and quite cynical and ADB has made them AWESOME !!! :victory:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Night Lords never really liked psyker even when they were at the emperor service...and unlike the Death Guard, they never had any personnality that inducted them into institutionnal sorcery, and Sevatar, one of their most popular 1st Captains, didn't liked mutation particularly.

After the heresy, the Night Lord were one of the legion that didn't flee straight to the Eye of the Terror. They mostly remained in imperial space and waged a war of hit and run against the imperium until their Primarch died.

After that, the legion broke, some ran to the eye, other stayed in normal space. But don't make mistake, they are corrupted, it's just that their corruption is more anarchic than in the others legions. Where chaos cult is institutionalized, like the Black Legion or the Word Bearers.

Before even being renegade, most of the Marines of the Night Lords were ancient youth criminal, and their terran brethrens where from human stock that lived in huge subterranean prison city.

All in all they are individualist and quite cynical and ADB has made them AWESOME !!! :victory:
Might have a new Fav legion, seems like alot of cool potential for fluff. Was there any HH stuff about this legion or a book about there founding?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts