Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These guys were painted a while back but I realised I never put any pics out on the forum. As you can probably spot these guys have seen alot of use..

They were also painted in my first months of the hobby so they have a shameful amount of flashing on there. Something I wish I was a little more clued up about at the time..

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
id add some bronze over the black

·
Searching for Vulkan
2,755 Posts
they look great man gotta give ya rep since I can't even paint my soul grinder. One thing I'm noticing is the black icons on the legs and the bronze ones. You have some that are black, and some that are bronze... I'd suggest going over the black ones and make them look like they were painted and not "forgotten".

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i resolved to go back and paint those red instead of bronze when I first did them. But I never did.. My Khorne CSM army is tabletop standard as they were the first things I ever painted.

When I finally get around to painting my terminators I am hoping there will quite a difference in quality. I got so bored of painting CSM stuff thats why I went into Tyranids.

I think even if I didnt have to go to work and had an infinite amount of time to paint I would probably still struggle painting the rest of them..

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
Very crisp.

I think even if I didnt have to go to work and had an infinite amount of time to paint I would probably still struggle painting the rest of them..
My experience supports this; as I am at home all day at the moment it is just to easy to not get much painting done as there is all day tomorrow to do it...

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Nicely painted and the red is nicely done.

Shouldn't Khorne have more close combat weaponry? :)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shouldn't Khorne have more close combat weaponry? :)
Absolutely I run my defilers with 3 DCCWs and a heavy flamer.. However I assembled these 18 months ago when i first started playing. I had no idea how to use them or what were the best combinations.. I just put them together how they looked coolest at the time..

Hence the awful mould lines etc

If I wanted to enter a tourney with them I would have to do some hacking and gluing..

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I have the same problem as you can imagine Hesky, with us running par 1 upgrade maybe, EXACTLY the same army, with my models being assembled before i really knew what was what...

Really trying to convert out my Havoc Launchers... the DCCW's that come standard are really horrible, i did that same thing with mine as yours.

Plus one of my Defilers has a Las cannon conversion which i am proud of :D So i have the CC weapon Deficiency. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts