Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Blood for the Blood God! See a Khorne Daemonkin army with both mortal and daemonic entities, who pledged their souls for Khorne, descend upon the Imperium worlds to collect the skulls for their patron’s throne!

It was a great army to paint, with lot of custom bits added to intensify the visual ties to the Blood God through the army. Also, the heavy use of alternative models was done here in a great way – the Khorne aesthetic was used here to it’s fullest.

We’ve also done a diorama for the Heldrake with several Space Wolves trying to engage the hell-forged fiend in mid-air!

How do you like the usage of models from Warhammer Fantasy Battle to represent Berzerkers and the addition of alternative Flesh Hounds?

Get your miniatures painted by us!
Our Gallery
Sign-up for our WEEKLY NEWSLETTER!
Painting tutorials

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Stunning work! The model swap is good, though if I were the client I'd be asking for a complete range of Khorne minions as well.

Great work guys, another excellent army completed.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Hey Jams, I'm sure that the extent of OSL is based on a client by client idea - so those who share your tastes would ask to go for a less glow-y look.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Realms?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Jams, I'm sure that the extent of OSL is based on a client by client idea - so those who share your tastes would ask to go for a less glow-y look.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Realms?
That's exactly the point - the customer who like this kind of effects are ordering the armies done in such way - so the army amount done that way "accumulates".

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
you go overboard with the OSL and end up spoiling the finish
Absolutely. My humble opinion is that you guys really go too hard on lighting.
Not questioning the client request, but less gung-oh on that trigger, next time :biggrin:
anyway, the army is cool as hell!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts